Is anyone Jumpy!?!

Nadine333

Have any of you near jumped out of your skin, because of something unexpected? have people thought you were a bag of nerves?

sheree

I'm always nervous and jumpy around my brother and neighbour when she comes in because i never know what questions they going to ask(about work ect) so i stay out the way.

Karail

definatly, when i am having a bad day i am always for alert and on edge. My phone is very loud and my office and its usually very quite i often jump if it goes off and i am in the middle of something.

sometimes when watching horror movies and something unexpected happens i almost fall of my seat but i think thats normal ;)

Nadine333

sheree said:
I'm always nervous and jumpy around my brother and neighbour when she comes in because i never know what questions they going to ask(about work ect) so i stay out the way.

Yeah thats what I am like Sheree, If anyone I am not completely comfortable with, I go and hide away.

sheree

Nadine333 said:
sheree said:

Yeah thats what I am like Sheree, If anyone I am not completely comfortable with, I go and hide away.

I hate to be questioned about why i'm like i am,
because it's such a hard thing to explain to anyone.

Karail

sheree said:
I hate to be questioned about why i'm like i am,
because it's such a hard thing to explain to anyone.

I tried to explain to a friend once and he just told me i was looking into it to much, that was horrible. Now i keep it to myself. I hard tho cause people dont understand why i avoid certain social situations.

Nadine333

I just hate it full stop. My latest failers.... Me and my partner have been invited to My partners friends wedding, the sit down meal and everything, which i wouldnt have a problem with only another friend of his wants us to go with him and his wife, can I handle it? Noooo!!!! It was his Sisters babys first birthday party today, its queit a way away and that makes me feel umcomfortable, did we go? Noooo!!!!

Hellraising

I am. When my parents say something to me, or like tap me on the shoulder or something, I jump. I think it's because I'm so used to being alone, I get a shock when I hear someone else's voice and stuff.

Lost_Nomad

I used to be really jumpy, and some of my friends would intentionaly run up from behind and pat me on the back just to see me jump. iam not so jumpy any more though. the trick is to punch the thing that startalled you. :D

LittleMissScareAll

I'm jumpy & nervous all the time. 8O At work somebody comes around the corner or something and I'll jump, or if I meet somebody coming out of the bathroom unexpectantly at work, I often jump. I was really bad one day...there were bugs all over the floor at work. 8O :? And there was even one on my desk, so that just made me that much more jumpy...I was swatting at it(using my work papers to squash it) and everybody was looking at me all weird...and some girl came out of the bathroom stall as I was walking in that day, and I jumped back. :oops: She probably thought I was crazy but after seeing all those bugs, I guess I almost expected a huge cricket to jump out of the stall or something. :lol: And sometimes my mom or dad comes through the house and scares me...not on purpose, but I'll just look up and they'll be there or something, which makes me jump.

Karail

Lost_Nomad said:
:D to be truethful though i still get jumpy especialy in the morning if anyone trys to wake me up or the phone rings. I jump right out of bed 8O 8O

i wish that were true of me but i am a zombie in the morning. lol

black_mamba

My boyfriend once hid in our flat, switched all the lights off when I got home so I assumed it was a power cut. Then he jumped out at me in the dark.

I thought I was going to DIE from the shock of it.

But then again, sometimes even small things cause as much panic as that incident did. Worrying isn't it? 8O

Neebo

I feel really jumpy too. Especially late at night when I'm in bed trying to sleep. Each time I hear a bump or banging noise, I jump out of my skin almost scared to death! A good few years ago my house was burgled and it made me very anxious and my nerves were very bad and they stil are. So everytime I hear the slightest noise late at night whether I'm in bed or I can't sleep and I'm up watching telly I am very highly strung and I'm convinced someones trying to break in.

Kezada

maybe install one of those cctv cameras or a burglar alarm? or maybe even a pittball to guard the house at night?! it aint right if you feel afriad in your own house.

Kezada