Is anyone like me

fisherman

Hi am new here, been reading for about a year. I am 30 and have had this condition since a young child. Started in my feet and hands but never paid much attention when I was young and wasn't that severe. When I turned 16 it moved to my armpits and it just poured. Around 21 I discoverd drysol and that fixed my pits, only use a couple times a year there now. Hands and feet still a problem. Now I have raynauds, high blood pressure and developing rosacea. I have tried clonidine for the last couple of days but it makes me feel so lazy and I can not handle any stress, maybe a little depressed. Robinul also works fairly well, only take when needed as don't want to effects to wear off.

Anyway what I want to know is anyone else like me. I seem to be fine when I have no demands on me, like on vacation at the lake. It seems like when I have to stimulate my brain to actually do something it sets off the sweating, purple cold hands, overstimulated brain and the whole sympathetic reaction in my body. Seems like anything that takes a little effort sets it off doesn't matter if anyone is around. Coffee seems to help make some things easier but when I start to get a little stressed the reaction is way worse. I don't mind being around people when I am not sweating, but when I am sweaty I feel like a freak. Seems like every once in a while I will feel strong and have energy then sweating isn't bad, maybe ate the right combo of food with corrrect amount of rest. The sympathetic nervous system is supposed to be set off by stress so I wonder if this condition has something to do with energy, as everthing seems difficult in my life. I dont' know but this condition sucks!!

blong

I am totally like you. When i think about work i start to sweat uncontrollably but if i just start doing my work and dont think about it it is ok. I know when i am really tired i dont seem to sweat as much so i too think it is somehow connected to energy levels.

Dont give up, keep posting here as you need support for different things, it really helps! best of luck

-Ben

Have you tried iontophoresis?

fisherman

To add a little more this I was wondering if other people get other symptoms or just sweating. If you type in overactice sympathetic for a search you get a lot results about heart failure. And it states that one of the main reasons for overactive sympathetic,is from long periods of depressed mood. I was reading this book about brain scans and how in people with depression, under concentration rather than the prefrontal cortex being stimulated the limbic system is stimultaed. I wonder if our condition is similar the wiring is wrong in our brains and the wrong area is stimulated under concentration. Because when I can shut my brain down I don't sweat at all. One instance is driving in the car this winter I could have the heater on full, probably 85 deg. plus and didn't sweat at all but once I got to town and started having to plan out were I was going to go it started coming on strong. I can't say that I think I have ever been depressed but maybe is something similar.

rambo87

im the same: when im at home and not doing anything exciting or adrenaline pumping (like playing a fast paced action game or competetive game or fixing something that needs strength) im totally dry! but as someone said when i put my shoes on and step outside my house, the sweating just comes automatically... wtf...

however, im doing the homemade ion. treatment now and experiencing very good results only after 4sessions... it has reduced my sweating by very very much! i recommend it, but as ppl has mentioned you probably need to be very patient with it! im doing 1session each day and gonna do it at least 10+ times in a row regardless of my sweating stops completely or not before!

im also very sure this sweating is triggered by uncomfortable feelings. im always afraid that im gonna sweat when i go out, and in turn i begin to sweat when i go out :/
also if i dont sweat but i almost fall off my chair or something similar (that makes my brains jump reaction) i begin to sweat as well. i think its true, you have to be in a state of totaly comfortableness

fastball2929

rambo, we are completely alike! I stated in my other thread that I'm dry when I'm at home but I do see myself sweating when I'm playing a fast-paced game or fixing something that needs some strength. What ionto machine are you using? Hopefully if you have been seeing good results so far, I will too since we seem to be very alike.

fastball2929 said:
rambo, we are completely alike! I stated in my other thread that I'm dry when I'm at home but I do see myself sweating when I'm playing a fast-paced game or fixing something that needs some strength. What ionto machine are you using? Hopefully if you have been seeing good results so far, I will too since we seem to be very alike.

Me too.

rambo87

Im using the the homemade one shown by shannonbowling on the youtube video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=WjPTacmAi3o

i found this out after reading this thread http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/postt18451.html

it seemed like so many had good results, so i decided to try it too! right now im doing my 7th session... ive been jogging and now i can actually jog without my hands getting all wet, warm and disgusting! im actually holding my keys in my hands (because my gym cloths doesnt have pockets) and experiencing no sweating!! it's sooo wonderful!

im not quite yet 100% dry, because i do sweat on my feets quite much still. but one cool thing, and very very weird, is that it doesnt smell now??? my socks used to smell really bad after like 10-30min of sweating, but today i took the bike to town and came back over and hour later all this time sweating mildy on my feet... yet when i came home and smelled the socks, it smelled wet socks only! LOL! woohoo!
also, i need to mention that while riding my bike my hands kept dry as long as i was having a good pace, thus the wind blew on my hands... normally i would sweat anyways.

now im not embarassad by my sweating anymore, even though my back was all wet today because of the bicycling, i felt really confident!
i really really hope the ion. treatment will give as good results to you as to me!!!

woofytalk

You're among friends here. many of the members of this forum have experienced if not continue to experience your same symptoms.

I would recommend you try iontophoresis treatments for your sweaty hands and feet.