is anyone this bad?

Anonymous

Hi,
I am 21 and I've had social anxiety for as long as I can remember. Sometimes it gets sooooo bad, its painful. I literally cant talk to anyone! I even get nervous being around my parents and other people i've very familiar with. I can go days with only muttering a nervous "yes" or "no" or "i dont know" I'm constantly analyze myself. I can never relax. It's like I'm nervous even around myself! School? foget it. I cant talk to a soul...if the professor calls on me, sometimes I can't manage more than a shrug.
Help. Can anyone relate?

Jamie

LilMissTragic

Hey JamieL,
Yep we can all relate to that here. I was like that, still am on a bad day. Does anyone else know you have SP?. A good idea would be to go to your GP and tell him/her, I know its going to be hard but once you have done that then he/she can start getting you some help. You are obviously not coping. You must be very lonely and its heartbreaking to know that as I know exactly how it feels.
I do however think you have taken a step by coming on here and asking for advice. I hope all goes well for you.

BlaqueGirl

I went through elementary, middle school and high school basically without saying a word to anyone. So of course I wasn't going to step one foot inside a college. I'm not shy around my immediate family, but everybody else I am.

Crimefish

That's me. I can't go to school, or even have tutors come to my house. On days when I feel a little better, I venture outside and have a panic attack, so I don't do it again for a while. I can't phone my friends, and they think that means I don't want to talk to them, even though I explained it several times. I don't talk to my family. Half my motives are still anxiety but the other half is apathy, and that half gets bigger all the time. I just don't want to be around people any more.

bluemoon

I am like that too. Somedays, I dont feel like seeing anyone but my parents don't understand that and often times they force me to go out, even with tears in my eyes. I am only 16 years old so I don't have that much of a say. I can totally relate to what your going through though.

Anonymous

I can totally relate. I’m 23 now and my life’s picked up a lot, but at 14 I couldn’t leave the house, was on antidepressants and basically hated life. Had panic attacks etc. I was annoyed that id even been born when I hadn’t asked to be. When I was diagnosed with social phobia, the system came up with the solution of trying to send me to a school for truants which didn’t help much – in fact a got more annoyed with life n more withdrawn.

Going to the doctor is a good first step. With me, I started to be comfortable with being withdrawn… I suppose when all the world causes you is pain you wonder what the point is in engaging with it. I find social situations difficult sometimes, but im holding down a job, go out at weekends and have a good group of m8s – things I never thought would ever be possible.

The old me would of laughed at these words n you well might. But all I can say is your not alone, there’s a lot of people out there that feel just the same, and that no matter how bleak things look you can get through this. Try talking to your parents, see a doctor… you’ll manage much better if there’s some support.

Really hope things go well m8.

crashmodem

been there, however, i am just so tired of trying... i have been going through this for almost 10 years, and i am sick and tired of feeling this way, but there isn't anything that i can do about it.

Anonymous

try this

Can u realx on your own? If no one is around? If so...u should do a bit of research on hypnosis. I tried it once and it was like pure magic....that's what everyone says but I didn't quite believe it until i tried it. Seriously, if you can successfully put yourself into a peacful trance (which gets easier w/practice), you basically picture yourslef the way you want and boom -- ur body does exactly just that.

Sounds unrealistic? Well, there is a hard part to it. Many people can not easily put themselves under trance because they don't know what it is. Try this...go to a theatre, whatch couple movies in a row (where room is dark and ur mind is completely off other matters) to take ur mind off things...when u finish, and u come out of the theatre room...look around u and if u r in a well-lit hallway, u will feel ur self in a slight-trance like state. You will recognize it. If you can push this trance state really deep...you will be in true hypnosis.

Research the topic more, I'm sure it could help you.