Is It Agorophobia?

xSleepy

im not sure if i have agorophobia. when im home, i dont like going outside in the front yard, unless im about to leave somewhere in a car.
But i have no problem walking around stores or being out in public. i mean i do have social phobia so i still do get really nervous and anxious around people, but generally i can handle being outside. its just when im at home is the problem. i get scared to go outside.
so is agorophobia more like a 24/7 kinda thing. no matter where you are you feel very uncomfortable outside?

nosblob

I have severe agoraphobia and when I was 14 I was outside every day. It was there, I just resisted it with all my might and eventually it consumed me.

flake__

SleepingBeauty said:
im not sure if i have agorophobia. when im home, i dont like going outside in the front yard, unless im about to leave somewhere in a car.
But i have no problem walking around stores or being out in public. i mean i do have social phobia so i still do get really nervous and anxious around people, but generally i can handle being outside. its just when im at home is the problem. i get scared to go outside.
so is agorophobia more like a 24/7 kinda thing. no matter where you are you feel very uncomfortable outside?

Are you worrying about your neighbours seeing you? If so maybe that's more a social phobia thing than an agrophobia thing? I have least anxiety in crowds, more if i'm in my back garden, and most when i'm in direct interaction in with people and i class myself as purely SP.

recluse

My parents house has quite a large area of grounds so i can hide where i want. Whenether i'm in the front garden close to the road i get panicky when someone walks past walking their dog o'r whatever, especially if they say hello. I usually run to the other garden whenether i hear someone coming lol.