is this HH?

david1144

Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone can tell me if I have HH. I’m 22 years old now and can sweat a lot on mostly my back and thighs and have done for a couple of years now. After reading the forums I have been thinking a lot about HH but do not know if I have it. The reason for my doubting is the way and situations that I sweat. I think it might be more of a social phobia. I like a lot of people get sweaty palms when doing a presentation or getting grilled in an interview but I think that’s normal, I don’t really sweat in the cold and actually get very cold and dry hands in the winter. I find that if I think about the sweating, it happens and if I am relaxed I’m fine e.g. had a few beers. How do people with HH sweat? Is it constant all day or do you sweat for about 2 minutes and then you are fine? I find when I go to a club that I think will be hot I sweat for a bit then it completely goes for the rest of the night, maybe it’s that I get stressed at the thought of becoming sweaty in public and then it happens. If this is the case surely it can be cured with therapy. My mum had therapy for helping her with her fear of heights and she has these tapping routines that stop her getting stressed out which really work for her, maybe this could apply to my situation?

I’m rather confused; I’m quite strong minded so I hope it is just a mindset thing that I can overcome and not HH.

Can someone shed some light on my symptoms?

Thanks and I hope everyone is having a good day,

David

blah123

im not exactly an expert but i can say from my own experience that it doesn't sound like HH because for me its pretty much the whole time- even in winter when its freezing.