Is this some kind of OCD?

reD3vil

So recently when I'm driving I have to constantly keep checking my rear view mirror to make sure I have not hit anyone. Every bump that I drive over I just have to check my mirror to make sure it wasn't a person.

It's gotten so bad that when I get home I check my car to make sure it doesn't have any damage to reassure my self that I didn't hit anyone. Also just this morning after getting home from work I contemplated of driving back along the same route to check and make sure I didn't hit anyone and that there weren't any ambulances or anything.

Also when I come home I google news from my city and search for hit and runs...does anyone else have this? The "what if's" are just eating at me...

jaim38

It sounds like OCD stemming from a fear of hitting people. I also have this fear so when I drive, I try to drive as safely as I can. One of my biggest fears on the road is accidentally injuring someone and having to go to jail for it. But everything comes with risks, just like riding on an airplane or taking a train.