It worked for me....

okkamsrazor

Final update on how im coping with SA/SP.
Its been a while since I last posted (2008?) and I think its time to close my account, but before I do I just want to let you know where I am.
:)
Having been diagnosed with depression induced hyper-anxiety, I was prone to daily episodes and 'meltdowns' especially when it meant being around other people (bus, queue, shopping, basically leaving the house).
My life suffered a lot because of this. I was working jobs specifically that had little or no interaction with people, this may sound great but its a short term fix.
It was with the introduction of CBT that I truly began the journey to realising how to cope with hyper-anxiety (+ sa/sp) without the use of drugs or avoidance methods.
Alongside CBT I began a self-medicated course of vitamins namely;
Omega 3 Triple Strength Oil (950mg active EPA/DHA) 1 cap daily
Vitamin D3 (5,000 IU) 1 cap daily
Both of these are classed as high strength doses (which imo, you should always aim at doing when taking vitamins).
I can honestly say, after a period of 2 and a half years, these vitamins have helped me without a doubt.
My interactions with people are pretty much normal now, very much like I was before I developed a disorder.
Its like coming out of a bad dream, I can look back and see how I had changed but with the added bonus of knowing what my limits are for the present me. Basically I know myself better because of that period of my life.
I am now working full time for a mental health organisation in their media department, where we are developing a website to help de-stigmatize and raise awareness about MH disorders.
As part of this team, I am involved with weekly meetings of around 10-15 people (of which im the only one who had a disorder). I can now present information verbally and not feel a panic attack at all. I would never have thought this was possible back in 2007 when I first joined this forum.

Finally, I hope all of you that are suffering with SA/SP find a way to cope and beat this condition (with or without meds).
If you can, try taking High Strength Omega 3 and Vitamin D3, they are crucial vitamins for positive mental health.

All the best.
x
Al

great post, wonderful !

keep it up this way ^_^!! i'm glad someone's making succes with SA! :D

Oh, i might give it a try, too ;) everything for recovery :D

DespairSoul

That's amazing=) the best wishes and i hope u will for u all the time that way as u wish!
I love hear happy endings of SA sufferers:D

mikebird

Banned
This is an amazing story.

I'm heading for the pharmacy for High Strength Omega 3 and Vitamin D3

I have liked Seven Seas Omega-3 fish oil with vitamin A, D & E for years

Before you go, will you tell me if these are equivalent? Is there a subtle difference, where I can make a dramatic change with yours?