Jobs...

IceNerveshatter

It is SO hard to work as I have constant panic attacks. I was delivering pizza for a while quite successfully until I got fired for some total bullshit.

I was wondering if anyone knew some jobs that would be suited to someone with agoraphobia and social anxiety? I'm so poor I've had about 3 meals in the past week. I gotta find a job and fast.

autumn_82

what about being something like a stock boy at a grocery store or some kind of physical labor job....maintenance man, groundskeeper, janitor....night-shift security guard?

Plumbers, electricians and carpenters need helpers / apprentices, which can lead to a well paying trade. Factory jobs used to provide a low social contact environment, but I'm not sure how many factory jobs are left in this country.

October

I'm so sorry Ice. I have looked into at-home jobs for myself. Some companies offer call centre work that you can do from home, or medical transcripting. I would look into the home call centre work because it can be done in your own safe environment.

It is so hard. Can you get onto a pension? I live in Australia and have been put on a disability payment for agoraphobia and major depression. It isn't much money but it is manageable and I am grateful for it.

Good luck :)

mr335

it's been hard when i tried to go against my personality

don't be hard on yourself, and i have to tell you, doing something as brave as what you did seeing so many new and unfamiliar people is a real triumph

many agoraphobics would only be able to deliver pizza to themselves and a small circle of friends and family (and maybe not even to most of them)

being agoraphobic, i tried to tell myself i could work well with the public in large numbers because my family had a retail store, and i should therefore be good at it

what i ended up doing for 20+ years was being self employed...but while harder to start up, it was better than trying to be someone i was not, even when i wanted to desperately be socially powerful and adept

certain trades and professions where you work alone or in small familiar groups and avoid many different people, as in tourism and retail, is better imho

where i live, the social services has sent people with agoraphobia to school/training to work in a more solitary trade/profession like self employed accountant, bookkeeper, contracts/wills lawyer, researcher, etc knowing that there are many people who won't be a perfect fit for the more numerous retail, big corporate, civil service, military, and service industry jobs