Just had Dysport

james2009

Just now got back from having Dysport for my underarm HH. Its a different brand of botox,meant to be more effective. Meant to take around 4-5 days to really kick in.

I start mypolice training next monday, so ill be very anxious, so will be a good test to see if it has worked.

Hopefully it will, and last around the 6 months that i was told it would, im then thinking of having retrodermal currettage, but have also been looking at Liposuction, cant work out what would be best.

Ill let people know how it goes

J

james2009

No its about the same. Just that the particular clinic i had it done at, the consultant has found better results using dysport. It is botox, but just a different brand. It takes up to about a week to fully kick in apparently

darknight

Please let us knw...lately I've been more depressed in the last 2 wks....but um...trying to hanging there....

james2009

Just to let you know its been 9 days since my dysport treatment for my underarm HH. Id say so far sweating has reduced by around 80 %, but it can take a full 2 weeks to be fully effective so said my consultant.

My sweating is triggered by anxiety and recently i started my police training, so have been pretty anxious with various tasks etc. Some quite small sweat patches early on in the week, but nothing like what it would have been, huge great stains etc under my arms :-(. This is really great, and means i perhaps dont have to go ahead with the surgery i was booked in for in november called "retrodermal currettage" and costs £1000 +

The only thing is that i paid privately £450, and i dont think im gonna be able to afford this treatment twice a year. Im gonna look into the possibilities of getting on the NHS. Does anyone have any knowledge of this please?