lack of motivation

Danfalc

Banned
*nods*

Yeah i see what your saying koyaanisqatsi. I wasnt trying to state it as fact, just read it and thought id post what i had read. :)

Your probaly right anyway, the book is written for the various different anxiety disorders not specificaly for social anxiety.Saying that through the part about not waiting for motivation to come before you decide to change the situation your in sounds good to me personaly.

koyaanisqatsi

Hi danfalc,

I feared that I may have come across as too harsh in my criticism, but on a 2nd reading of my post I think I set the tone I wanted to. I wasn't criticizing you in any event. I just think the author is wrong in this generalization.

I will say that there have been a couple times in my life in which I've picked up momentum from a couple days of accomplishment. But that's just not the rule and I lost that momentum soon thereafter. At great risk to life and limb, I'll say that I think most people here aren't waiting for motivation, but rather just struggling to do things when they feel up to it.

koyaanisqatsi

Danfalc said:
*nods*

Yeah i see what your saying koyaanisqatsi. I wasnt trying to state it as fact, just read it and thought id post what i had read. :)

Your probaly right anyway, the book is written for the various different anxiety disorders not specificaly for social anxiety.Saying that through the part about not waiting for motivation to come before you decide to change the situation your in sounds good to me personaly.

Danfalc

Banned
Thanks for taking the time to write that koyaanisqatsi, appreciate it. Sorry if i came across a bit defensive! :lol:

Anyways everythings cool, I didnt take your post as a personal attack, and i wasnt offended by it, all you did is state your honest opinion which i respect.

So no worries

Danny