Let's all meet in a virtual online world!!

fallenfeather

:idea: :idea:

Hey guys, I've just had this idea for a way for us to meet and chat in a virtual world. There is a program some might call a game but it's more of a virtual reality chat engine. It's called "There" and you'll find it on www.there.com.

You download the software and install it and then you go into this game world where every other person there is a real person. You can walk up to them and start typing and a speech bubble appears over your head so they can read it. They can type back to you in real time and you can even have group conversations because everything that anyone says pops up above their heads. You design your character to look like the real you and you can buy clothes and other items to customise your image.

There are other things to do in this world like ride on hoverboards, bikes, cars, futuristic vehicles etc and there are races organised and parties too. You can even build your own home!

It's a weird concept but I founf it to be truly unique and I met some really nice people there. There are sunsets and sun rises and everything seems to run in real time so it gets dark at night etc.

I've only used the free trial and I'm not into computer games but this is very different. You have to pay a small amount to keep an annual account but I think there's a 3 day free trial. I thought it would be cool if we could all meet up there and chat :eek:)

Just an Idea!

Let me know what you guys think.

Boundless

I allready play an online game(legend of mir) see lots of people on there,mainly assholes but at least i can kill them in the game :twisted:

fallenfeather

In this "There" you can't kill anyone and I haven't met anyone nasty. It's well moderated and anyone nasty gets banned. It's a really friendly environment. I recommend some of you at least try it out if even just for interest sake. It's pretty unique

fallenfeather

We'd give each other our THERE user names and once you get in the environment you can use a feature to find someone by the username and it teleports you to where that person is. It's a huge world with different villages.

redlady

That could be part of the fun Mr. Cryptic. So is your new avatar the REAL inspiration for your name ? I couldn't figure out your other one - TOO CRYPTIC!! OR Maybe we could just use the screen names we use here.

redlady

Oh my god - literally!! Look people we had a god amongst us - well a Greek Hero at the very least - as if you could contribute the word 'least' to 'hero' - I am picturing that song sung by that evil fairy godmother in Shrek 2.

black_mamba

I wanna play I wanna play mummy please can I play please please pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?

Yeah, mummy says it's ok as long as I do my homework first. :D