Let's put our minds together and find a cause/cure for this!

oneday

I've been suffering from excessive sweating on my armpits since 8 months ago. I've tried using Drysol but only ended up with irritation and burning the skin. I've also tried using botox which decreased the sweating a bit in the armpits but made me start sweating on my feet instead which now also sweat excessively.

I've went to the doctor and done blood & urine tests to check my hormones, liver & kidney, blood suger, thyroid etc. Everything is normal except 5-HIAA (bi-product of serotonin) which was a little bit more than normal. I'm gonna re-do the urine test soon. I'm currently seeing an endocrinologist.

I've noticed that things that help for me are the following:

-Sleeping, I'm complety dry whenever I dry.

-Stay away from masturbation (only have sex now) used to masturbate a lot before which I think might have started the excessive sweating.

-Eating foods high in saturated fat, mostly dairy. Slows down my metabolism and decreases the sweating until meal is digested. I started going on a low-fat, high carb diet for weight-loss purposes for about a year ago before I sweated excessively and I think it might have played a part.

-Eating certain foods. Not quite sure on this yet. I'm going to start to keep a food diary. I think tomates, whole grains (oatmeal, muesli, whole wheat bread) are bad.

-Drinking alcohol.

-When I took a medication for hair loss Proscar/Propecia (finasteride), which blocks the enzyme that converts testosterone to di-hidrotesterone 2, it decreased my sweating as well.

I've talked this over with the doctors I've seen but most of them are clueless when it comes to excessive sweating so now I'm trying to find a cause and cure myself so it would be nice if you guys could give me an input on what you think about my state of condition and if you could give describe to me your sweating problems and what you have noticed that works or worsens the excessive sweating. I do not believe my cause is hereditary as I'm a grown up male and just started having this problem recently.

Thank you!

P.S

Forgive me for my poor English.

D.S