Life

Anonymous

Hello was just wondering does anyone's life here have a purpose. I mean i dont speak too people i dont work im hardly ever happy all i am is a burden too my family.

This has been my life cycle for the past thew years.

sleep > depression > sleep > depresion.. why do i bother?

LilMissTragic

You bother because you have hope. You, as well as I know that we can come through this therefore you keep going in the hope that you find a way out of your SP and depression...and I do believe you will. So many people have come to this site feeling just as you do now, yet now those same people seem to be getting help and coming across as a lot happier. Maybe its just having people here that know what they are going through, maybe thier therapy is working for them or maybe its just that they feel that they are no longer suffering in silence. I believe most people suffering from SP have a strong will. We face our phobia day in day out so that surely accounts for something. I dont know if your on meds or getting therapy but if your not then it really is worth looking into. Life might seem crappy at the moment but whos to say, with the right help, in a few months you could be sat here typing out how you helped yourself and that in turn will help others new to this forum.

Anonymous

Ive given up on hope been on medication for several months had several cbt and therapy sessions and still no progress. Trouble with my sp is that its mainly due too smoking marujuana and paranoia that cant be cured and will never go away so im kinda stuck :(

Anonymous

i definetelly makes ME more paranoid. thats why i don't smoke it any more. when i smoke i feel like evryone is talking about me. or laughing at me, and it becomes SOOOO real. its unbelievable.

lifesnotfair

i know whwa you mean, i have given up on life, people keep saying, keep on trying because things will get better, i seriously wish i could think that, but in the past 8 years that i have felt this way, with medication and conselling and yes even helping myself, things have not gotten any better

i don't mean to sound critical, but thats how life is

Anonymous

Yes marajuana does make you more paranoid while your stoned but it also has alot of long term affects like all drugs, paranoia being the worst in this case. My friends i used too smoke with dont have sp but are effected badly by paranoia.

Crimefish

When I was depressed (deeply, for about two years) I really wanted to die. But I knew that there was a chance -- however small -- that it'd get better. Now I look back and words can not express how glad I am that I am still here. I feel like there aren't enough hours in the day. I go to bed at night feeling excited about just being alive the next day.
That feeling is so worth those few years of depression. The purpose of my life is to live, learn, and be merry.

Kaya

Life for me life doesn't have a purpose. I'll be damned if I know what I really want, but I am willing to live with that.
What I do know is that life is short, whether it is happy or unhappy. I don't regret being born, although I often wonder why I was, but I'll stick it out to the end, whatever that may bring. Maybe things will get better, maybe things will get worse, maybe things will go up and down as they always have.
Maybe I will get out there and make my mark on the world, maybe I will stay a recluse in my bedroom, only communicating via the internet. Either way, that's who I am, and me is who I was born to be. 8)

Anonymous

Maybe crimefish but im just entering my 7th year of this and its no different from year 1 if not worse. Ive been where you are now and soon your realize nothing is going too change and catch up to where i am.

Those times when you think its going too get better are just deperate swings of hope and denial(sure some get better but how many and how). I guess i just have too get used too this and live my life with it.

Anonymous

I use to have very bad depression times, i couldnt go out, i was always doing drugs to get over them and made it all worst in the long run.
My depression was caused mainly by a strong fear of death by some terrible sickness, i use to go to doctors , hospital soemtime 2 to 3 times a day, was redicolous.
I caynd of gotten over that cause i learned one thing from this episodes that eventually you will always get better, because it is in human nature to get bored of things and feelings.
What i mean is u can only be bored for so long and only be happy for so long, eventually your body will get bored of being depressed all the times.
At least thats how it always turned out to be for me.
I also will like to say something about drugs ,i use to take this pills called Roipnols made by roche , they are very used in europe and they are extremely dangerous has u can end up in a coma with them.
Now the interesting thing about this pill is that in my case they COMPLETELY cured my social phobia , when i toke this things i was a totally different person. Im not sayng this to say take this pills lol cause they are extremely dangerous in the long run , but i find interesting what component on this pill make the miracle for me.

Anonymous

Isnt roipnol the drugs used by rapist's too put there victims asleep , its also known as date rape drug

Parttimer

I'd be interested to see how this guy went about "curing" himself with benzos. What happened when he stopped taking them?

yoyodood

xeter,,,
Smoking pot is Bad for the socially anxious!!!!
LEt me tell you first hand, have you ever read something that describes the Negative effects of pot? well, most people claim they dont get those paranoic feelings and what not. but for people like you and I , we both know pot just feeds the anxiety and makes us have more fear. Stay away from it, from the sound of your post you seem to be locked into smoking MJ, but you also know its doing you harm. Be careful man just go with your intuition and lay off the herb if YOU THINK you should....

Anonymous

I used roipnols for about 2 years and in the long run the symptoms get worst , but i was doing massive dosage of them, in a minimal dose it does the job.

Anonymous

Anonymous said:
I used roipnols for about 2 years and in the long run the symptoms get worst , but i was doing massive dosage of them, in a minimal dose it does the job.
Yap in the states they called it rape date drug lol , but it really isnt .
Some people fall asleep on it , but in my case it did the opposite it woke me up , i think because of sp.
There are a ton of drugs out there that can render a person unconscious that doesnt mean they are rape drugs =/.

Anonymous

Never said i still smoke it , its been a thew years now i even quit smoking ciggerettes. But the paranoia from smoking pot is a long term sideeffect . Just like xtc makes you happy , but records show it causes quite bad depression in the long run.

Beginning too think that maybe i dont have sp due too treatment for sp ive had hasnt worked. Is there anything too treat bad paranoia out there , ive not heard of any maybe ill give that a go.

Although i hardly ever leave house etc and things like that so im not sure weather just paranoia can cause that .