Meeting look alikes who are your exact opposites

FriendlyShadow

I'm not sure if many of you had a similar situation, but my family and I went to this Thai restaurant and while the waitress was taking us to our table, my dad pointed out the waitress looked like me a little. She had her hair tied back in a ponytail, similar to how my hair looks when it's tied back. She and I had the similar face shapes, hair color, eyes I think, ect. I didn't notice it at first when my dad pointed it out so I turned my head to where the waitress was and she was on the computer at the desk typing. I thought, yeah a little from the back. The thing is, she's the opposite of what I am. A couple days later when we came back to the restaurant, I saw her walking these little kids to the chair at the table (I think because it was one of their birthdays) and she asks them like in that baby talk kind of voice "How old are you going to be?" or something like that. See, I'm not a kid person though and it was strange that I actually saw that in the restaurant. I couldn't personally be able to talk to kids or entertain kids like the way she did. Also, I did get a chance to meet up with her and my uncle brought me over to meet her just before she was going to the kitchen. My uncle told the waitress that I thought(well my family were the ones who thought) that I looked like her and just says "Oh okay" She looked different up close. She had make up and I think carmel highlights in her hair. She went to greet me and said something like "Hi sweetie," I mean it was kind of awkward at first because I didn't know what to say so I just shook her hand back and said hi back. I think judging by her facial expressions, I thinks she's another type of those people who'd be awkward around me if I talked to her. She looked a little older than I did, not to mention she was way better looking. I thought "How could someone look so much like me be so opposite and a better version of me." Also, it happened again when yesterday I was at the hair salon and my dad pointed out "Jamie, that girl looks like you" I looked to where he was pointing, and I saw from behind the girl had short kind of brown hair that looked like mine and when her mother and her daughter walked out the store I took a quick glance at her face. I think the girl's face, nose, eyes, looked a little bit like mines. I don't know if she's another type that would get awkward or boss me around. It's amazing I haven't found a girl who was like me, shy and had the same mannerisms as me. Anyways, have any of you guys ever encountered someone who looked like you, but they were your opposite?

dottie

All white people look the same. My ex said especially in Michaels, all the girls in there look like me from behind.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Well, there is my brother of course, who I am told looks somewhat like me. Maybe Fiona Apple did when she wrote this song. Generally, when I see someone though I don't expect them to be a certain way based on their natural appearance, so someone looking like me but have a very different personality wouldn't surprise me. Other things like clothing choice, hairstyle, fitness level, etc.. may be a window into their personality a little bit, on the other hand. Who you are I feel has little to how you look, outside how you are treated and perceive yourself as a result.

FriendlyShadow

Well, there is my brother of course, who I am told looks somewhat like me. Maybe Fiona Apple did when she wrote this song. Generally, when I see someone though I don't expect them to be a certain way based on their natural appearance, so someone looking like me but have a very different personality wouldn't surprise me. Other things like clothing choice, hairstyle, fitness level, etc.. may be a window into their personality a little bit, on the other hand. Who you are I feel has little to how you look, outside how you are treated and perceive yourself as a result.

Yeah, I agree but I'm saying, after all these years until now, I'm starting to meet few people who look like me, but have kind of like polar opposite personalities than me. I'm just saying, for me personally, that it was kind of weird that I had to watch the girl at that restaurant talk to those kids like that and she looked like she would feel awkward if I was around her. I wonder if it was some sort of mockery thing because I have social phobia and am not very outgoing but I see girls(who look exactly like me) but they are my opposites. I know looks shouldn't be important, I guess it was just an awkward and rather surprising experience I had to have both people who look like me, but aren't me. But I guess even if I look like them, I'm not them...

fate12321

There was this one kid in my school who looked exactly like me. Same hairstyle, height, facial features. He was more of a jock and more sociable than I was. We actually came out on the school year book for most look alike.

theoutsider

I met a dude some years ago who looked similar to me. It was funny, he would sometimes even wear a shirt exactly like one of my favorites. And, yes, he was completely opposite of me. Kind of a macho acting dude that would always announce that he was going to go take care of someone who wronged him. He had this girlfriend who he was using to try to make money off and he was always cooking up some scheme rather than doing honest work. I only knew the guy for about two months before I got away from him and his friends. I knew there was trouble coming. I got a bit of satisfaction later on when his girlfriend left him and we started dating for a while after bumping into each other. It didn't last long. She liked my looks (because I looked very similar to her ex) but I think she got bored because I was an honest man rather than a schemer. I liked her looks but she had some very bad habits.

FriendlyShadow

I met a dude some years ago who looked similar to me. It was funny, he would sometimes even wear a shirt exactly like one of my favorites. And, yes, he was completely opposite of me. Kind of a macho acting dude that would always announce that he was going to go take care of someone who wronged him. He had this girlfriend who he was using to try to make money off and he was always cooking up some scheme rather than doing honest work. I only knew the guy for about two months before I got away from him and his friends. I knew there was trouble coming. I got a bit of satisfaction later on when his girlfriend left him and we started dating for a while after bumping into each other. It didn't last long. She liked my looks (because I looked very similar to her ex) but I think she got bored because I was an honest man rather than a schemer. I liked her looks but she had some very bad habits.

Aww, I'm sorry that happened to you. :( Personally, I just don't like looking like any girl who looks like me, but has polar opposite personalities than me. There is an exception if (and I highly doubt if it's possible or likely to happen) if the girl looked like me and was like me in similar aspects(how they dress, mannerisms, shyness, how they talk like me, ect) Then I wouldn't feel too bad but I'm sure like I said that it's rare or if I find no girls with similar mannerisms or aspects of me. I'm not sure if I'd rather be friends with the girls who I said that looked like me because they seem like they are nothing like me. I'm sorry if it sounds harsh but I hate being compared to people but aren't like me.