Meeting people

Chilling__Echo

ok, i really hope this isn't found innapropriate, i'm asking this in all honesty but this thought has been plagueing me forever so here's the senario:

1. you are homosexual
2. it's not like everyone and their momma is also homosexual
3. very few are actually "flaming" as in the guys act like cheerleaders and the girls act like raging hormonal animals.
4. with SP, meeting people is especially hard

and if on the offchance that you do find someone, that doesn't mean that you are compatable with them.

so... how do you meet people without necessarily exposing youreself too much?!? keep in mind, being straight i might not have a clue of what i'm talking about so yeah :?

or i could rephrase and just ask how SP affects you meeting people and do you think it makes it any harder being gay? in this sense it makes it seem obvious but the above is my logic...

GettingThere

I guess that there are plenty of homosexual meeting places, bars, nightclubs, etc. I know that in my part of the world there are also parks where homosexuals come to meet others although these places may be a bit seedy.

I don't imagine that it would be that much harder for a gay person with SP to meet someone than it is for a straight person with SP to do the same.

kallinite

I don't know if it's harder. My experiences haven't been very good. I don't know if I actually have SP. I haven't been diagnosed, but it's pretty easy to tell when you look at the list of symptoms and every single one of them checks positive. At least, I think so. Anyways, I'm gay and I don't date. Well, I dated guys when they asked me, but it never went anywhere. Obviously. And it was only for two weeks, and then I avoided them until they stopped talking to me.

Sorry if this isn't making a lot of sense. I tend to just ramble on so that I don't get the wiggins and just delete everything and never come here again. I've been lurking the forum for a couple of weeks now but I decided I'm gonna post while I'm exhausted. I'll probably come off sounding like some hopped up idiot.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand. I really liked one girl and I worked up the nerve to tell her. Took 6 months, and I did tell everyone else I knew first and told them to tell her if I chickened out. And then she didn't even like girls at all, so that was really disheartening. And now I just don't say anything at all. Ever. If they like me, they can come to me. I'll just think good thoughts and put out good vibes. Or something. It's really freaky not even knowing is people swing your way, let alone like you. It's like the lottery. Chances of getting struck by lightning are better.

Then again, that might just be me. I'm pretty much scared of everything. Makes me a little bitter. I haven't been out with a friend since Christmas. Considering I only have one friend left, it's not all too shocking. Pretty boring though.

I'm old enough to go into bars now, but I still feel like I don't belong. I just hang around outside the door and then go home. I feel like I'll go in there and they'll be like "Go home, little lesbian child! We banish you. Go back to your booze-free apartment." Which is completely ridiculous. I don't drink. I see what people do when they drink. Make complete fools of themselves. So, there will be no bars for me. Clubs involve dancing. Don't dance. Dancing is just asking for trouble. There will be no clubbing.

I'll be alone forever. I'm glad I bought a cat.

Hamble

The only way being gay makes things harder is because the odds of meeting the one for you is slimmer than for straight folk. I'm not a hairy-backed-doc martin-dungaree wearing-shaven haired gay person, and I'm not attracted that that kind of person either, so if the internet (where I met my gf) hadn't exsisted, I would probably be still permenantly single. I actually used to wish as a teenager, before the net exsisted, that every gay person would have a sign tattooed on their forehead or maybe did a funny handshake or wave to let me know they're "one of them" too :wink:
I also don't like gay bars and clubs and what they stand for so I'd never have met anyone there. (I don't even think I'd have a relationship with a guy I met in a bar if I was straight) I'm so grateful for the internet, for both helping me to get by whilst having SP and for enabling me to meet the person I want to spend the rest of my life with.

It is easier for a straight person to meet someone, because if someone of the opposite sex keeps looking at you in a bar or where ever, you can probably assume that that person fancies you, where as if it's a member of the same gender, you'll probably assume they think your clothes are naff, or want to beat you up for just exsisting (or is that just in my head?)

Anyway, I'm not sure if I answered your question or just simply rambled on about nothing as per. So I'll shut up :)

Oh hang on ... (GettingThere, "homosexual meeting places" like parks arnt how gay people "meet". They're for gay men who want a blowjob quite frankly. It's the equivalent to straight men picking up "ladies of the night" on the street corner in their cars and parking up. It has nowt to do with dating and relationships :wink: ) I think 8O

Hamble

kallinite said:
Clubs involve dancing. Don't dance. Dancing is just asking for trouble. There will be no clubbing.

I'll be alone forever. I'm glad I bought a cat.

Totally agree, dancing is eeeevil. *shivers*

You wont be alone forever, even though it feels that way at the moment. She's out there somewhere doing her thing, what ever that is. Your paths with that one particualr person simply havent crossed yet :)

And although cats are cute and lovable, don't get too attatched and see them as an alternative, it's apparently illegal. So I was told :roll: :wink:

Chilling__Echo

i guess people use the internet more than i thought. am i the only one that still thinks it's unsafe?? oh well. it i works i guess :D

LilMissTragic

I think the internet is a cool place to meet new people...Its pretty safe, ya don't have to give out your phone number or address and you dont have to be face to face so chatting on here you actually get to see the personality shine...that is if they aren't lying. I met my bf on here so yeh, I love the net...lol.

Chilling__Echo

i really gotta think hard about talking to people because online, people are so much easier to talk to (imagine that) and i just want to meet them so bad! i think i feel lonely as opposed to not feeling alone without talking anyone :roll: