messaging a crush on facebook

aloneloner

This is mainly a question for girls but guys can also answer.

Ok, I have been working with this girl for about a year. I know she likes me and I think she knows I like her, I'm just to socially awkward to ask her out. we only work together maybe 1 hour a week, but we usually work on different things. So we don't get a lot of time to talk to each other. When we do talk its just light flirting. I think shes knows I have social anxiety, but she seems ok with it. She also seems a little shy. I guess I just need some advice :/

So girls, how would you feel if a guy you liked messaged you on facebook instead of asking you out in person, even if you knew he was socially awkward? Also what should I say? Or do you have any tips for making it easier to ask her out in person?
Sorry for the dumb question, I'm just not sure what to do ::eek::

Thanks for any replies.

Mr.Prez

Are you busy on Friday evening? Want to try out this new restaurant? Want to see the new movie that just came out? Want to go for coffee?

Do you message each other a lot on fb? If so that seems ok, but I'd say it's much better to pull her aside at work and ask her out then, but I know that's hard to do with SA.

aloneloner

we don't talk to each other outside of work, and I don't get a chance to pull her aside. So if I ask her in person it would have to be in front of everyone else, which makes it a lot harder.
I'm fine flirting with girls, I just can't get the courage to ask them out. I don't know what to do:'(

Nowadays everyone uses facebook or messages to meet with someone....special between friends!

Mr.Prez as gave u some good questions...send her a message like "Are u free friday night? I saw a good movie that just come out"....

I would just ask her with time, or u might get some NO and start thinking is cause of u...

Apersonalan

A good thing to do is keep messaging back and forth and eventually you can send your pics, talk about your day or whatever it is you want to do. People who talk to each other online can create a strong and yet easy relationship then you can make your plans to meet up in person and you shouldn't be strangers to each other by then.

Super Frank

aloneloner

A good thing to do is keep messaging back and forth and eventually you can send your pics, talk about your day or whatever it is you want to do. People who talk to each other online can create a strong and yet easy relationship then you can make your plans to meet up in person and you shouldn't be strangers to each other by then.

Super Frank

I'm just not sure how to get from not talking to her to talking to her outside of work. should I just message her and start talking to her online first and wait for awhile to ask her out. or should I just ask her out.
I really don't understand this, but I'm trying

say something like " hi, it seems like there is never time to really talk to you at work, and i do not want to put it off anymore... I've been wondering if you 'd like to do something after work blablablka...."

SilverFox4

If I were you I'd send her a message on facebook ask her out to dinner and a movie, specially if you get real nervous in person. I met my fiance online lol and he asked me out on a date on myspace and that made my day so to me doesn't matter really in person or online whatever your comfortable with :).

nafadda

I would never ask someone on a social network site for anyone to see,IMO that is putting someone on the spot and if anyone did that to me it would agravate me that they did it that way.it tends to make a person feel as if they are painted into a corner.i don't like it.

socially akward or not..do it one on one.you said you already knows she likes you,so what have you got to lose?//whats the worse she can say..no??? oh well if she does that ,maybe ask her again in a month.just keep it casual at first.

but NO WAY on a social site....thats just my opinion anyway.maybe she won't mind it but I would if you see her in person then do it in person.

LazyHermitCrab

I would ask her out in real life, but you can still be facebook friends and message for fun before you do :) It makes for a great memory not oh i remember when you messaged me on facebook it was so exciting uhh no.

Last edited:

Iluv

IMO I think girls appreciate if you'd ask them out face to face nicely. I think FB is great don't get me wrong but it's sometimes awkward when a guy asks a girl out on a social media site. I know some have asked me and I just thought to myself 'where have the good ole' days gone where we could do this in real life?'
But if you are comfortable with doing it on FB and on FB only I say give it a shot. You have nothing to lose :)! & Good luck.

she1slander

A lot of people here have made some really good suggestions but I'm sure you're probably still unsure on which one you'd rather try and which one to start with. Well, ask yourself this: What have I got to lose?

If it makes it easier for you to message her on facebook than see her face to face, then message her. How about just a quick message like "Hi, how's it going? Just wanted to drop by and...". If she replies to it, then just keep the conversation going until you feel comfortable enough to want to ask her out. But I wouldn't suggest asking her out on facebook. Try phoning hear instead. At least this is an indicator that you're taking some steps that may work to your advantage. To me, giving her a phonecall so that you can ask her out is a preferrable method of pursuit than text or private message. The last alternative, which is probably more difficult, is going up to her face and if that's not comfortable for you, then try the other options.

I don't mind getting messages online from a guy I don't know very well because it's not like it's a big deal or anything. Perhaps it's what he's comfortable with doing. It doesn't really suggest a whole lot of interest unless he's determined to know some personal things about me and is will to contact me by OTHER means. If you ask me what I think about a guy asking me out thru facebook, then I'd say he's either way too scared or way too lazy. 'Cause I could pretend to be a guy and just type it up and hit 'Send'... it almost seems like a piece of cake. Calling up someone is difficult for me to do because I'm likely to hang up the phone. hehe

SM1010

I once friended and asked out a woman I met on a pub crawl through facebook.

Yes, occasionally I do social things like pub crawls. And if I get really toasty I actually talk to women I'm attracted to.

But anyway I didn't get her number on the pubcrawl but I got her name. I friended her and she accepted. I sent her a message saying she should get a drink with me sometime. She never responded.

That doesn't mean it can't work for you though. I'd do it. Like someone else said, what have you got to lose?

water4

"Socially Awkward" !?

Please just Stop, just stop that... theres no such thing

Message her fun stuff like "i love penquins" and then like "my penquin friends stole my cookie" and stuff like that, roleplay basically Just make up some funny stuff =)

Peace!

Last edited: