My Story

Freedom

alright im 16 years old and i have social phobia from what ive read. Every morning i wake up sick to the stomach, sometimes vomiting before i go to school. Only after around 2:00pm do i get back to "normal" and feel happy again, after 2pm(varies) i can do basically anything i couldnt do when i was feeling "spaced out", I can talk to anyone, do anything and it's basically not there, unless its something really big, something social ill get nervous but it goes away as soon as i start joking with my mates and all goes well.

It's just the mornings are fucking hell, it trully is like that. Imagine taking one of your days social phobia and wrapping it up into 1 hour and thats how i feel, vomiting and spaced out like a maniac. It's insane, I've tried st. johns wart and that does nothing at all. I've seen a doctor and she said to just get out more, but I do do that but im always wondering "will it make a difference?" like i go out 10 days in a row all day long and on the 11th day i feel no different from the first day, i just dont know if its worth all that pain of pushing and pushing through the nerves when it wont do anything?

I want to know why its only in the mornings? I basically cant do anything in the mornings except pace back and forth. BUT if i wake up at say...5am and go someplace then come back home, im basically alright for the rest of the day. It has something to do with me waking up from sleep and feeling this social phobia. i.e. I stayed up all night at a mates place once and at 6:30am we still hadnt gone to sleep and i felt happy and normal, but we feel asleep later and when i woke up at 11:00am i felt terrible i just had to say "yep mate im going home cya later" and just felt sick the whole way home, but at around 1:00am i felt all better and was able to go out into public.

Does anybody know what the hell is wrong with me? any advise on what to do? It's bloody scary, if i don't become well enough soon, i might have to drop out of year 11 this year because its going to be stepping back into hell in the mornings. :(

Much appreciated to whoever read my story.
Cheers

Crimefish

Hi, welcome to SPWorld. :)
If it happens when you wake up, maybe it's a physical problem that is triggered by lying down? I've heard people say their panic attacks are caused by acid reflux. Then again, I'm not a professional, so don't take it as fact, just something to maybe look into.
By the way, I'm Kate and I'm 16 too.

ricky

that is what happens to me, i was always alot worse when i woke up. It used to b alot worse in high school i would normally b sick right b4 i went out, and i would worry about it if ther was a class assembly that morning and i never had breakfast. however mine used to get better as the day went on. Now that im in col i hav gotten a bit better with my mornings feeling alot better most of them but i do get the odd week were im just not at my best or i am doing something i am not looking forward to that day. Now its kinda gotten to feeling sick less but it can really happen ne time espeacially if im in a situation i cant get out of and worry about being sick.
i couldn't cope 2 well with it either, it just got better by itself so towards year 11 i could normally get ther without feeling to bad. i think going out can help coz it can bost your confedence being around people and i think thats y i hav gotten a bit better now that im in col, in high school i didn't really do much coz i didn't really like the people at my school.

rick xx

Anonymous

Hi Rick, I'm Matthew...Im sorry to hear about your social phobia. I have a miled one of my own. I often find myself obssivly worrying about what other people think of me or what my decscions will affect in my life. I have realized something rick, all of this is inside my head. In my thoughts. What does that mean? It means I have total control over them. You need to remind yourself as many times as it takes that this fear you have is imagined. Stop for a second and realize that what your fearing and worrying about is irrational. Its auctly silly what your worried about happening. And your actions in the society are not going to change your life. What's the worst that could happen? You could become really embarassed? Will that change your life forever? NO! I have realized that most people are not out to cause damage to you, everyone else just wants to have fun and laugh like you do, so laugh with them and enjoy life.

Hi, :D
I can really relate to your post because I too felt exactly the same before I went to school, I use to avoid school as much as I could. I would tell my mum any bull just so she'd let me have a day of freedom (day off school!)...especially if we had an esembly. If I knew I was getting an award of some kind there was no way I could walk past all those animals just so they could jeer and snigger at me, and make me feel more stupid, then I actually did. luckily I never got many awards (I use to make sure I got more mistakes on purpose just so I wouldn't get nominated).

I'm 22 now and still every day is a constant battle with my thoughts and feelings I tend to day dream alot just to escape. :oops:

LilMissTragic

I've always been more socialphobic in the mornings. I think its because your looking at the day ahead and dreading it but once your out there its not as bad as you made it out to be that morning. Sometimes I just dont want to leave my room but I force myself then once I've woken up a bit and done my morning routine I seem fine.
Try some sort of routine that will get you past those first few hours.

Freedom

ricky said:
that is what happens to me, i was always alot worse when i woke up. It used to b alot worse in high school i would normally b sick right b4 i went out, and i would worry about it if ther was a class assembly that morning and i never had breakfast. however mine used to get better as the day went on. Now that im in col i hav gotten a bit better with my mornings feeling alot better most of them but i do get the odd week were im just not at my best or i am doing something i am not looking forward to that day. Now its kinda gotten to feeling sick less but it can really happen ne time espeacially if im in a situation i cant get out of and worry about being sick.
i couldn't cope 2 well with it either, it just got better by itself so towards year 11 i could normally get ther without feeling to bad. i think going out can help coz it can bost your confedence being around people and i think thats y i hav gotten a bit better now that im in col, in high school i didn't really do much coz i didn't really like the people at my school.

rick xx

Yeah i feel you on that. I can't eat in the morning, but what i've found is that im ill in the morning for about 3 months straight(thats if i go to school basically everyday, like i did in year 10), and then it seems to die down alot and i can eat some toast and feel alright for the rest of the day.

But those first mornings of the first couple of months is hell. I can't understand why theres not more suicides on this board.

rick, is there any medication i can take? or anyone know any medication i can take in the morning that will help me out?

peace

Fredscars

Freedom said:

But those first mornings of the first couple of months is hell. I can't understand why theres not more suicides on this board.

peace

i think people just dont talk about it that much. A) its quite a..taboo subject generally and B) people here are, usually, are trying to keep positive.

Freedom

thats all good. I just can't stand it anymore. I need help, but at the same time I don't want to feel im not a man and say I have a problem. :?

Freedom

UPDATE

It's been quite a journey. Looking back on what I wrote.. it's weird.

Im happy to say i've basically stopped Social Phobia by understanding the problem. I take a tablet of Zoloft every night and go out everyday, and I don't feel bad at all, ever.

My problem was, my body didn't produce enough Serotonin in the brain.

This site was a life saver. Wish to thank all the people who are on here. I understand :wink: