My sympathecomy

nicola1312

I have had HH for about 7 years, and for the past 5 years have been paying every 6 months for botox, as my old GP said that they could not do anything on the NHS, as it is a cosmetic issue!!!
So when I moved to a new area, I thought I would try my luck with my new GP. She said that she knew a consultant that would do a sypathectomy on the NHS if he thought I was right for it, within 4 week I had an appointment to see him, and then last weeks, just 4 weeks after meeting him, he did it!
It seems to have worked really well, I can feel that my feet are a bit more sweaty than they were before, but nowhere near as bad as I had under my arms and my hands. My hands are a little bit dry, but one bit of hand cream in the morning seems to make it ok for the rest of the day. I have seen a few bits to say that the HH has come back on some people after this op, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that I wont be one of those.

Flatcap

Good for you Nicola...pleased to hear it's worked well for you.

I also had a Sympathectomy to help me with underarm and hand sweating and it did work but I do get compensatory sweating. However, this is more manageable than before. I also have a reaction to many foods but again I now have this under control to a degree. I do feel though that my HH is coming back as my compensatory sweating seems to be getting worse.

We shall see.....

D x