Nardil

Birdman

Nardil seems to be the cure for social anxiety, or if not the cure close to one, does anyone have any experience with nardil.

Also why dont doctors just prescribe nardil for social anxiety as a first option, i think its because of the dietary restriction, but that shouldnt even be that big of a problem, if someone told that all i have to do is be on a diet to cure my social anxiety i would do it, actually i would do anything to cure it if you ask me.

bleach

Banned
long list of side effects is why it is not prescribed often. Psychs basically use it as a last resort for people that get no help from any other drug. Although it is probably more effective on average than others are.

chris87

MAOIs are generally not a first-line treatment because of the risk of a hypertensive crisis. My guess is that doctors worry that even an extremely careful patient could inadvertently make a big mistake (with their dietary restrictions). SSRIs seem to be viewed as the safest. Whether or not that is true can certainly be debated. That being said, I have heard many positives about Nardil, but I've also read complaints about insomnia and some other unpleasant side effects that it sometimes causes.

kyle

Banned
bleach said:
long list of side effects is why it is not prescribed often. Psychs basically use it as a last resort for people that get no help from any other drug. Although it is probably more effective on average than others are.

It has less side effects than the "newer" generation of drugs. Unfortunately, many doctors and psychiatrists are unwilling to prescribe it due to the special diet that it's users have to adhere to....