Need a little rant / offload

JR25

Hi guys. Just been for my first appointment with my surgeon (I had ETS in 99 and 2000, then Lumbar Sympathectomy in 2001) since 2003. Was hoping that he would give me the miracle I crave and agree to try and repair the severed nerves but (not to my surprise) he said that the damage is irreversable. :(
Am therefore just wondering how fellow ETS and / or Lumbar Sympathectomy patients are doing, and how you cope with the side-effects? For the last five years I have tried countless things to help the nerves repair (despite the surgeon saying the nerve damage is irreversable I have actually read stories of people getting sweating back to the hands or feet years after surgery, which would suggest that the nerves sometimes can regenerate). At the moment I do the following:

Exercise as much as possible
A daily body brush
I take supplements (spirulina, chlorella, omega oil such as flaxseed or chia seed, and try to eat oats as many mornings as possible)

Thanks for reading, appreciate it. :)

JR25

mikebird

Banned
A Lumbar Puncture (sample / test) was the first procedure I had at age 7, and many have happened since that. Bone marrow transplant was suggested, but never happened

My two major problems were ITP & superficial siderosis. Strange that now I realise it's all to do with the fluid in the spine and brain stem. So many lumbar punctures. An interesting case for doctors. Lots of intravenous treatment over years, which generally fail, and bring serious bad effects. I had a lot of Prednisolone (steriod) when I was little - related to your kind of treatment. It made me very vivacious and hungry for years at school - resulting in getting fat

Also a splenectomy at age 30. I was warned that I could become blind or deaf one day.

Is your sympathectomy related to the pain relief for birthing mothers?

Spinal Tap?

Last edited:

jay77

have you tried robinul? That works for the whole body for sweating...for me it doesnt work as well for my hands, but it works well for my back, groin area, armpits, and feet.

HHDisturbed

Hi Jay. Have you tried the "Secure" glycopyrrolate topical wipes for your hands along with a moderate dose of the oral Robinul or Avert? The wipes, theoretically, should help dry out any area where applied while the pill will dry up he other areas you mentioned. Pharmacy.ca has them in strengths from 1.0% to 4.0% glyco solution without a script in Canada or U.S.. Might be worth a try. I just started using them with favorable results with my facial HH.

Last edited: