need advice for my HH, odaban or stronger?

hey everyone,

never been here before, always been a big sweater, only under my arms though. Always wear a lot of black but last night at a party 2 people pointed it out, which had never happened, so Im doing something about it. I was researching Odaban, but it has a 20% aluminum chloride mix, and that seems common now. I have Mitchum, certin dri, and some other old spice, none work. I guess Im used to it now. So these all have 20% as well, so how is Odaban different? Has anyone out there had Certain Dri fail them but Odaban work? I'll order it now if it get positive feedback, otherwise Ill be going to a doctor I guess. Maybe I can stop wearing so many black t shirts soon. thanks for any advice you can give.

SilentType

Banned
Sorry man I'm not much of a HH product connoisseur yet, but I'd also like information on what product works best. I've had face and armpit sweat problems for years so SOMEONE ANSWER THIS QUESTION.

Pinker seems like the guru here, Im surprised this hasn't been answered. I ordered it anyway for 18 bucks shipped. Screw it I guess Ill find out myself and Ill post the results in 14 business days. Might want to find another forum that's specific to HH.

have the certin dri so ill keep trying it. Maybe I should follow the directions better. I thought more is better but it sounds like not. Im supposed to use a hairdryer on my skin I assume to make sure my skin is totally dry? Its weird, my sweating is usually consistently lots, sometimes I randomly get lucky with a magic combination or something. Ill try sticking to the guidelines for certin dry and see what happens. thanks.

I think the hairdrier thing works by getting rid of any surface warer which would form acid with the chloride and irritate the skin. It's best to roll on a bit every night for a week rather than putting loads on at once. It's also best to use it at night before you go to bed because the body is suppost to sweat less when lying down and you won't sweat when you're asleep.. otherwise the stuff would just drip away with your sweat.

r1234

Certain Dry is the only product i've ever tried for underarm sweating and i've been using it for two years. i was really skeptical at first, especially when it didn't work after a couple days, but i applied it everynight for a week and what do you know, i just had to give it a week to kick in.

i find that if i put it on and it's not stinging or itchy a bit at first it isn't working. sometimes i feel like i have to shake up the bottle a little bit....get everything mixed and not settled at the bottom? i don't even know if that's possible, but that's what i do and it still works for me.

i ordered odaban 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived, but i'll let you know how it goes when it does.

r1234 said:
Certain Dry is the only product i've ever tried for underarm sweating and i've been using it for two years. i was really skeptical at first, especially when it didn't work after a couple days, but i applied it everynight for a week and what do you know, i just had to give it a week to kick in.

i find that if i put it on and it's not stinging or itchy a bit at first it isn't working. sometimes i feel like i have to shake up the bottle a little bit....get everything mixed and not settled at the bottom? i don't even know if that's possible, but that's what i do and it still works for me.

i ordered odaban 2 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived, but i'll let you know how it goes when it does.

thanks. i look forward to seeing your results. my problem with the certain dri is i shower in the daytime not nights. i just need to change my routine I guess and focus on doing it right. Im so used to applying anti antiperspirant before i go out of the house (daytime) that it's strange to do it at night. must learn to follow directions.

r1234

well, sometimes i shower at night too, but i just apply it afterwards and then go to bed. i don't shave my armpits at night though, if i'm going to be applying certain dri. i made that mistake once and HOLY FREAK, it stings.

so if you're a girl and you shave your armpits, just shower at night still, apply the certain dri, and then shave really quick in the morning.