nerds..

lawyerguy

Have you noticed that a lot of nerds have social phobias? are any of you nerds? I am..and I'm proud of it...if you're a nerd stand up and be counted!.. :D

RoboLobster

I'm a giant nerd. As a kid I would sit around and play video games rather then go outside and play, and it sort of stuck with me. Certainly din't help my SA :D

tommydog

ofcourse nerds are the ones with most of the sp ! i was never a nerd lol far from it .. however .. im the one with sp :lol:

so i dunno figure that one out :lol:

Crimefish

Well, I'm not fashionable, but I'm not smart enough to be a nerd. I like video games and 80s movies, unlike my friends. I hate sports and I hate conformity.
So I guess maybe I'm a nerd. *shrugs*

Anonymous

Hey i hate sports too! 8)
Date with me one of these days? :D :roll: (lol, to make it short).
I'm sorry, i find very attractive the way you type..i dunno. :? i also loved your reply on my post about genetics..something electric...
*sighs* why the teleporting machines are not available yet? Im very thin, very pale, brown hair and very nervous and live miles away :cry:
just a big HELLO :wink: take care.

On the topic: amm..about nerds...i think i have no idea what a nerd exactly does, but i guess you can always be smart enough to not be one if you dont want to be one, i dunno. is there something as a label "person".?

Sempfy

Well, I spend a LOT of time in my room on my computer. I might go out to watch the odd movie or have a game of football or something, but I mostly jes stay in my room or jes in the house in general. I don't play many games, jes use the internet a hell of a lot. My flatmate calls me a geek jokingly, and he's probably right. I would like to do more things with him and stuff, but this damn anxiety.... gah.

Crimefish

Anonymous said:
Hey i hate sports too! 8)
Date with me one of these days? :D :roll: (lol, to make it short).
I'm sorry, i find very attractive the way you type..i dunno. :? i also loved your reply on my post about genetics..something electric...
*sighs* why the teleporting machines are not available yet? Im very thin, very pale, brown hair and very nervous and live miles away :cry:
just a big HELLO :wink: take care.

*blushes* I feel pretty.

Anonymous

lol *blushes too*
you are pretty :wink:
I know you like mexican food
so ill send you some chiles en nogada by airmail :p
ttyl :)

lifesnotfair

I hate the term "nerd" however i feel that i am one though, because that is what society has classified me as, from all thei bullying, harrassment, etc... and also when you have no friends besides your computer, it does nt make matters any better.

lawyerguy

hmm what is a nerd..well first of all I don't think nerd should be defined in any negative sense...I think a nerd is someone who is generally out of the mainstream, isn't physically well coordinated, has a general interest in things most people find "uncool" such as computers..science fiction, or other things..and is more intelligent than the avg person..(by intelligence it doesn't just mean book smart..you can also be intelligent in music..or acting..or some other field)...well thats my definition..I've been called a nerd in a negative sense before but I think the best way I dealt with it was to turn the term around in my head into a postive definition...

Anonymous

well i go to a 'grammer school' which in itself defines me a nerd in the eyes of the comprehensive kids (i dunno if thisll make sense to people not from england) but..i used to be a really big nerd, but im not any more. im not exactly a hard worker, but i ifnd alot of work comes easily to me...such as history, and someitmes english. Its not like im great at everyhting..and im not huge on videogames buit im happier to be oin the computer than out in the sun or whatever. and i suck at at sport - halariously.

JWH

Uh 23% nerd for me. I never really considered myself a nerd anyway, just a loner with an interest/addiction to computers. Actually, nowdays I don't think the stigma is as strong. I'm not on the technical side of computers, but graphics and multimedia and I can certainly say that the people I did uni with were very much into computers, but nowhere near nerdy in appearance.

tommydog

how do you define a nerd ?

well in high school, nerds were the weak dopey people that were utterly uncool, had messy hiar, and hung around with other dorks lol

not always, but i think alot of the time, its like natural selection, and theres nothing you can do about it.

I mean iv been to a place that i consider rock bottom, emotionally, socially, and so forth, but i was still no were near bieng a nerd, its just naturally not me.

Other people that are dorks in high school, they grow up, have ok jobs, put in all the effort in the world to be trendy and have active social life ... however .. they are still clearly dorks ! :lol:

JWH .. Newtown .. most of the suburb is dorks trying to be trendy :lol:

how to define a nerd though .. i still havnt answered the question properly. The best i can come up with is "not naturally cool"