Nervy

Bexi

I have counselling every wednesday, and I start to get quite anxious around this time every tuesday night :? There is no reason to even be anxious, but I still feel it, I have told her all the fears I have about it, so why am I still so worried?x

paul

That's SA -- I'm nervous around my best friends a lot of the time.

But a therapist is different - if all she's doing is causing you anxiety, you should probably stop. Think of how she's helped you - has she really done that much? If you think she's been helping you, I'd suggest keep going - if she's just somebody who makes you MORE anxious, I'd suggest stopping. After all, therapists ARE supposed to help and support you - not support your social anxiety disorder.

Kezada

cause you know that she knows all yor of your problems and you know that wen you go there you gotta let it all out and expose your self innit? maybe, dunno...

Kezada

Bexi

I don't want to stop, as once i am there, it's fine , sorry should have put that in my original post! It's just worrying about going, she has been a big help btw xx

paul

Hmm ... I don't really know what to suggest here. Maybe Bexi if she helps you a lot, you won't feel that nervousness :)
Is this feeling just general nervousness, or is it something specific? Maybe try to pinpoint your fear? Kezada might be right too.

Bexi

I know it is silly to worry like this, I wish i could control it tho :(
It's like when you KNOW somthing will be ok, but you still worry. Gosh, it sounds silly now typing how i feel!

Bexi

awww wicked, thanks McShy! Can't wait to get my hands on that big tuba of yours! x