new also!

nedkelly

Hi all, i'm new also.
I have had anxiety for all of my life.You name it, social/post traumatic/generalised anxiety disorder etc, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. These all conspire to make a difficult situation.
I haven't been able to work for 10 years, and not getting to speak to many people does not help my social anxiety one bit.
I got severly sick 10 years ago with CFS, but also with Anxiety, which came first is not so easy to know.I think CFS came first, when i was digging a trench in 42 degree heat, and pushed myself too hard.
In the first few years i would sleep about 1 hour total a week, and at the same time physically be sick,and have constant panic attacks.
I'm still about 60% the same as then, so have good and bad days.
I was lucky enough to find someone, who understood me, and we have been together for 4 years, and out of home together for one.

Unfortunately my situation is not helped by having to move form one house last time around, due to neighbours from hell. And now we are in a house that has barking dogs going day and night around us.
It gets to me so much, that i only feel comfortable when i am not home.
My partner does not cope with the situation well either.
It's been a bad experience for both of us being out of home.
And my nerves are just frazzled when this noise continues.We are trying to find somewhere else but it is not easy to find somewhere else.
We have been trying to find a rural property to rent, but that is even harder. Sometimes i want to give up, i just cry, because i can't get any peace and quiet.
We are expecting our first child soon, so time is running out to move.
This situation has only made me more phobic of people, especially my neighbours, as they think we are weird, because we do not come out of the house much, because of the situation. How can i be eager in saying hello, when they cause me so much anguish. I complained to one of them, and they just laughed. And i know they let it go on, to annoy me.
As i speak the dogs are going beserk as usual.
During the day, i do not know what to do.I just go and sit places for no particular reason ,trying to find something to do. I wish i had some friends .

Sorry to go on guys, i am probarly repeating myself as usual.
Hope everyone is okay out there.

Anonymous

Hi Ned :) Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties with the noise (barking). Do you have any township officals that you could explain your situation to? Maybe they could enforce the neighbors to keep the dogs quiet. I think if you explained to them about your CFS, anxiety, etc. and how you need to catch up on your sleep when ever possible, it could help to have some action taken.

Is there music that you enjoy listening to? You could get some mega 'output' speakers (stereo) and play the music exceptionally loud to overcome the stressful noise, and, if you find out what music your neighbors DON'T LIKE, you could play THAT when ever the dogs are annoying you and wear earplugs. :lol:

Good luck!

nedkelly

Thanks mate, much appreciated. Yeh, i do wear earpugs but it dosen't help a great deal unfortunately. In Vic/austaralia, if you lodge a complaint , the next time you do, you have to get other neighbours backing, but they are all a problem..so a bit of a dead end.
Yes, i will have to crank up that music..lol, but i guess i actually care if i am annoying my neighbours...not like my neighbours, not caring about us.
Thanks for your post mate..yep i'm an aussie...lol
Sorry to be such a downer, it just gets to you after a while

nedkelly

sorry to go on about the dogs guys. Was meaning to just explain the other, my illness, and to say hi

annie

Hi nedkelly,

I am from Melb/Australia and sorry to hear about the problems with your neighbours and the barking dogs.
I have experienced this problem myself and didn't hesitate to ring the local council which were useless, but because the people who lived in the house were renting, I just called the estate agents and had the idiots kicked out. I don't muck around when it comes to noise, plus I felt sorry for the poor dog, because the only reason it was barking because they neglected it, never took it for a walk etc.
If I were you I would just keep ringing your local council, perhaps the RSPCA.

I know it is a bummer having stupid and not caring neighbours, hopefully next time you move check the neighbours out first....lol

Take care

annie

MRnomates

Sup ned i've got cfs have u leant much about it to me its a mystery the doc says it started after epstein barr virus, had it 4 years now not had 1 good day its a joke, have u had your sinuses checked i go on wednesday, i have pressure in my head and chest no feelings complete numbness anxiety sadness boredom etc do u hallucinate whats it like for you, about the dogs you can get some builders earphone things thoughs diggers blokes wear diggin up the road they will work.