New and afraid.

LaMongoose

Hello.

I'm entirely new to this whole forum, and I stumbled across it when looking up symptoms of AvPD.

Anyways, I'll get right down to it.

For a long time I have thought there was something really wrong with me. I felt depressed and suicidal a lot of the time and I still do.

Now that I'm older, and getting through the school they put me in for people who have nowhere else to go, I will be finished next year. While this both scares the shit out of me and makes me glad I don't have to deal with it, I can't help but notice the fear is far greater than the relief.

I have to get a job, and so far I have been unable to work, even an easy job like looking after my cousin's baby made me extremely anxious, I cried.

I don't like admitting that I cry.

I think I am stupid, ugly, fat and unworthy of living, or breathing.

I assume others think so, too.

For years now I've wanted to have a relationship, but every time I have interest in someone I get rejected by them immediately. I just want to be held and have someone to wrap my arms around.

I really wish I had some help. I went to see a doctor, and he gave me something completely irrelevant to my mental health, and I feel hopeless now.

Knowing that I'm not alone has made it somewhat easier for me, but not really. I need support somehow, and I need my parents to help, but they're not interested in my mental health, it seems.

sketchy24

Try seeing a psychiatrist instead of a normal doctor. A normal doctor doesn't seem to be much good for anything it seems aside from getting a prescription for some cough or headache or something. Ask about anything else and they try to sound like they know what they're talking about but really don't know much. Mine at least.. maybe I just need a new doctor.

Welcome to the forums :)

Helyna

I think I am stupid, ugly, fat and unworthy of living, or breathing.

I assume others think so, too.

Chances are good that they don't.

Definitely try seeing another doctor. Someone will listen to you.