Newbie Questions

WetDawg

Howdy Everybody! I discovered Drysol in the late 1980s, and my ever-wet armpits dried up immediately. Used it daily for a couple years, then stopped. Have not had a wet armpit in 25 years. What I do have is wet forehead, scalp and neck. Gustatory and idiopathic.

I did some research, and WOW. the world of treating HH has changed. Here are a few questions. I thank you in advance for your advice and counsel.

I know that 80's era Drysol stuff would shut off my craniofacial sweat glands, but it would burn like hell. I bought some 3% Secure pads, and they have delivered a small improvement . I might try the 4% pads, unless there's a more powerful product out there??? I do NOT have sensitive skin, and can tolerate more concentrated topicals.

If I wanted to push the limit, what products would you recommend?

Solo Dolo

The funny and sad part is that i feel there has been no substantial progress in treatment in over 30 years. Yeah drysol works for underarms but for people who sweat EVERyWHERe like me...nothing seems to work.

WetDawg

This is day 2 of my experiment with the "mild" Drysol formulation (dab-on container). I did not follow instructions. I applied it to my forehead and most of my scalp, then sat under a ceiling fan for a few minutes massaging the stuff into my scalp. Once dry, I went to work. No craniofacial gustatory sweating yesterday, and none today!!! I'm wolfing down a sandwich as I type....and not a drop!!

this stuff will dry the crap out of your hair. I washed my hair this AM, and even though soaking wet, my hair felt tacky and dry. Some conditioner solved that problem.

My 3% Secure wipes are now unemployed. Drysol it is.....again