Not sure if this is HH

SteveB

Ok, so when i'm at home i dont sweat, or not unless i really think about it ( and worry about it)..

but as soon as i go outside, it seems like i go hyper-aware that if i sweat, then its a problem..so naturally, i probably start sweating..

is this HH or is HH like 24/7??

i never thought of myself as shy, but i guess i got some issues with being in the public..

so is this HH?

Jezza

HH is not necessarily 24/7. It can be episodical...

Usually HH is aggreviated/turned on by social situations, but also just by heat or exercise (and I'm talking about excessive sweating in those cases too, so yes, everyone sweats a bit while exercising or in extreme heat, but with HH in those situations you often sweat way more than you would in the same situation without HH).

So the social situation probably isn't causing the HH, but mediates it in such a way that you start sweating profusely. This is always a big problem if you talk to people who don't know about HH (and many medics fall into this category). They often think it's a mental problem (being too nervous), which essentially it isn't.

Very frustrating.

SteveB

ok, this is weird

i was jsut talking to someone on msn and after i went, i thought all was good, but there was a little sweat pathc under my right arm after talking to them

now i dnt know wtf has happened here, but its fine now that im not talking to them

i dont know if i got some sort of serious social anxiety or something, but i've always thought of myself as being able to talk to people, but now that they have gone, my sweat has calmed down.

WHAT?