OCD Feelings

durda_dan

i want to know what your intrusive thoughts feel like.... for example

i seem to have 2 different types. I have a if i see a knife *impulse thought* to grab the knife and use it.
or push someone infront of traffic
those would be impulse thoughts for me

and the other... the scarier one i think. *verbal thought*
It's as if it is in my head and i am willingly thinking it myself, Just like one would think about a mathproblem. almost as if your saying it in your head. a thought that tells me what i should be thinking/ doing

Those are the scairest. For example i am a kindergarten teacher. and my children are always happy and laughing. and one time i got a thought when i saw a child smiling, i swear my head said "what are you laughing at, you wont be laughing if your dead"

I don't have those as often as the impulse thoughts But i have had the Verbal thoughts maybe 5 times-ish.

and those scare the **** out of me.... does anybode else have those?

Danfalc

Banned
I dont personaly have them,but ive seen quite a few people post simlar things.And being scared there going to hurt there fammily and stuff because they get simlar thoughts.I think ocd thoughts can range from person from person.but it must be scary having violent ones ::(:

I hope it doesnt sound like im talking down to you,cos i obviously have no idea what its like to experience o.c.d,but id try and remember its your illness and not you having these thoughts,and the fact they scare you,its not like you want to act them out.

RedRibbons

Yep. A lot of people do, and they're completely natural. I talked about this with my psychologist. Sometimes I get the impulse thought to run in traffic or drive my car off the road.. Sing really loud.. etc. Verbal thoughts are the same, except verbal, and they are perfectly natural as well.

People who have obsessive tendencies latch on to those thoughts and think about them.. Where people who are not as obsessive disregard them.

Don't worry too much about the thoughts, they are normal. Learn to laugh at them and not take them so seriously. Know that other people have similar thoughts. And know that you wouldn't act on those thoughts.

durda_dan

Yep. A lot of people do, and they're completely natural. I talked about this with my psychologist. Sometimes I get the impulse thought to run in traffic or drive my car off the road.. Sing really loud.. etc. Verbal thoughts are the same, except verbal, and they are perfectly natural as well.

People who have obsessive tendencies latch on to those thoughts and think about them.. Where people who are not as obsessive disregard them.

Don't worry too much about the thoughts, they are normal. Learn to laugh at them and not take them so seriously. Know that other people have similar thoughts. And know that you wouldn't act on those thoughts.

i few times in a taxi on a highway (you probably wouldn't use a taxi on the highway unless you live in a Metropolis , Shanghai for example)
and i get thoughts to grab his steering wheel and turn off the elevated highway and unto the streets below. and when i shook that one i got thoughts to open the taxi door and roll out unto traffic behind me....
Idon't normally take a taxi anymore though, Not due to OCD but because metros are 90% cheaper and about as quick.