OCD joke

Anonymous

WARNING: Only people who suffer from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder will really understand this post.

I was in amazon.com searching for a book about OCD, and I found one named "The OCD Workbook" or something. It had a five-star rating and I started reading through the reviews. Everyone was telling wonders about the book, and I began wondering whether they knew at all what they were talking about, because I know it can't be that easy to get rid of the thing. That was when I found out a *real* fellow obsesser, who came up with the following bright remark:

"This book has released me from the grips of OCD. It is so well argued and lucid that I have now just finished reading it for the 247th time. Tremendous. "

I sure laughed my @$$ off.

Seriously, can anybody reccomend a good book on either OCD or Social Phobia, and tell me what I can realistically expect from this kind of resource?

Anonymous

THE preceeding post is WHY I come to this site, for brilliant posts like that one! Thanks for sharing 'Some Guy'! That was the smile I was looking for all day! :) :wink:

Anonymous

:lol: I get it :lol: .. ( :? like thats a good thing :wink: ) im on a roll so was great to read!! Would like to find one also, hope someone has suggestion. Im in pretty heavy throughs of the OCD curse right now, so i'll be checken back. thanks for the chuckle....oh, and hi ocdsis :D

Yossarian

Quick Sp joke: Knock, Knock.

As for books I don't know any but it was how I discovered SP. In England you can search the library archives online and reserve any book you find completely free. Could be a good place to start.

Anonymous

nice...

I recall years ago, questioning my doctor on whether or not I had OCD (I was in denial, and thought there must be something wrong with my brain other than OCD). He asked me to read about it, and see if I recognized anything.

Fast forward two days, of frantic research... my next appt, I explained to him that I purchased and re-read each book that I found at Borders and the other chain bookstores - and in each story, I outlined, and created an argument for why each scenario didn't apply to me.

He watched and stared, and after I was done talking, he walked to his closet, and grabbed me a bag of sample meds, and a script.

Years later, I can smile about it. :)