OCD Kicked back in

cali1

Hello all,

I was diagnosed with OCD about 10 years ago. It hit me all of the sudden like a ton of bricks and it was some of the worst pain I have ever felt. It went away for a few years but all of the sudden it came back just recently and it's bad this time. I can't get these extremely disturbing images out of my mind. I actually have a physical gag reaction to how disturbing these images are. My mind will not let them go. Any help out there. I know things can get better but it just feels so hopeless right now when it is so bad.

Joby

Sorry it came back. Mine is back too after about 1.5 years of hiatus. I have a "milder" form that involves singing every daggone song I hear and counting anything and everything. I say milder only because I don't have the disturbing image form. But I gag, esp. in the mornings too, and it is just as anxiety provoking.

Are you on any medications? Prozac really helped me. For some stupid reason, I switched to Zoloft and have had 2 episodes since I've been on it. Not dissing Zoloft. I'm sure it works for some, but Prozac really straightened me out and "held" me the best.