ok what have I done?!

Anonymous

ok so a couple of my friends are in a band right. anyway one of our good friends who is the vocalist is moving to hawaii next month and they are looking for a replacement.

This is a heavy metal band, lots of screams and stuff like that. They are mainly a cover band right now. They sorta....suck at the moment but are improving a lot.

Anyway here's where the problem lies, last weekend we got drunk and I don't ever sing, if you wanna call it that, in front of anybody. Due to being drunk though I did some screams and stuff in front of about 8 or 9 people.

Anyway the next day my friends asked me to be the new vocalist and I dunno what to do =X I think it's sorta selfish to let them down =/

Chilling__Echo

this could be a great opportunity for you. i say you go for it, even if that means you gotta take a shot of something before every show :wink:

this could also help you with crowds and stuff. i say just jump right into and have confidence - they said you were good! good luck

Anonymous

also tell them that if they hire you, everyshow will end with
Bossanova: "Ipanema Girl" . singed in portuguese.

Anonymous

lol it's not gonna involve any highering or pay. they are just a garage band that plays for fun. Never done any major shows or anything. Sometimes about 20 or 30 people come over though

GettingThere

The potential exists here for you to slip into problems with alcohol abuse. think very carefully before committing and make the decision to sing on not on whether you can do it and not on whether you will be letting down your friends or not. After all, if you can't do it then you would only be letting your friends down by agreeing to sing and then pulling out of the band because you can't cope.

Anonymous

i think you should give it a go - if you then find it too much, then pull out

ok, you'll let your friends down, but if you don't even try, you'll be letting them down, letiing yourself down and showing a lack of courage

use this as an opportunity to push yourself

i wouldn't getting concerned about alcohol abuse if you just need a quick shot before a gig - it would be a different story if you felt so worried about gigging all the time that you constantly needed alcohol, but then ou could just quit singing, knowing you at least had the guts to try