oxybutynin diary

Gringo

right.............. I have all over HH! Well apart from my arms. I decided to take a list of tablets etc that i had read about on here to my dr's, She knows the situation very well as my mum as a very bad case of HH!

As she treats my mum and is willing to try things i thought i'd ask her about some of these meds.

Result was that she prescribed me oxybutynin, I took the first one around 1 pm today, I have just done a few jobs and round the house and as per normal i am sweating like a mofo (my head is drenched). Now i know that its not going to work right away.
Does anyone take them here? how many any tips?

I'm going out tonight clubbing and the place gets very sweaty, I normally avoid dancing and still sweat but nowhere near as much, I will take one more with my dinner and see what happans!
I just thought i'd type this as a little diary so that you can see my progress, god i hope they work!

cadmonkey

Hi Gringo,

I have all over sweating too (CS after ETS).....How did you get on clubbing with the oxybutynin? Did you drink alcohol with them and if so were there any side effects?

In the past i have taken pro banthane but the effectiveness wore off after about 9 months and when ever i got hot i went as red as a tomato! (almost worse than the sweating, as everyone looked at me :oops: ).

I have recently recieved some Avert tablets......but not taken one yet as i am a bit worried about any side effects

Gringo

hi thats for the reply, well in the end i never went clubbing! tyipical! lol.

I havent really had a chance to put them up to the test yet, so i wouldnt like to say if i have had any luck!
But from doing jobs around the house etc i havent noticed a difference, i'll keep you posted tho

mirela

Gringo Hi,

The effective dose should be 2.5mgX3 times a day.
5 mg can also be good, but than you can suffer from the side effect.

How do you take it ?

M.

Gringo

3 tablets aday? Well at the moment i have only been taking 2 if i know i am going to be in a sweaty situation.

I don't want to take them if i am not going to have a sweaty day, bit worried that i would get imune and the effect wouldnt work anymore!

I may take a 3 next time.