Parents?

Danfalc

Banned
My dad suffered from postdramatic stress disorder, my mum suffered from depression and then developed bipolar (manic depression).While i dont think having to deal with this caused my social anxiety, i do think it played quite a big part in it.

I was wondering if many other people's parents suffered from mental health issues?And if you think this may have have played a roll in developing social anxiety?

Danfalc

Banned
IcanDoIt said:
yeah, i think it comes from the genes..

Yeah i agree, but i dont think you inherit social anxiety,umm as in i dont think your pre determined to get social anxiety as soon as your concieved.For me personaly i think with taking after my mum alot in being sensative,made me vunerable to not dealing with serious stuff well.

So i think its half genes as in like your personality,and i think the other half is the enviroment factors maybe?

IcanDoIt

yeah, i think i have inherited part of my anxiety from my dad, and part of it from my family members who constantly reprimanded me not to be like my dad..

but i dont blame my family..

the scoldings that i have received from them are what that makes me who i am today..

without overcoming social anxiety i think i would the same common guy u see outside that only knows how to talk talkthrash and whine, but do not know how to deal with life or overcoming challenges..

G

My Dad was an alcoholic, so I assume he had fears to drown. My Mother has serious mental health problem, having been on tranquilizers and anti-depressants all her life, taken countless overdoses, and seen countless 'professionals'.
I take after both of them, though not an alcoholic I am dependent on a drug, weed. I honestly beleive we learn, not inherit these problem, based on much reading I have done.

sensitive

hi everyone. i have different story. none of my parents have had any mental illness during their life. my father is not alive now but he had been very social, out going, my mom is not very social unlike my dad but she is very confident, serious. i belive that insensitivity of my mom is the main reason of my case, she is very tough and not emotional at all.