people living with others with ocd is just as hard

canyoufeelit

I personally don't suffer from OCD but I have lived with two people who have, these where girlfriends and as you can imagine it was tough, my first experience of OCD happened about six years ago, I met this great girl and we hit it off, the perfect love story, I was with her around a week and she told me its great because I dint judge her for her problems, I really dint know what she was talking about so I asked, she told me she suffered from OCD, I had know idea what it was, anyway, we got closer and I started staying with her at her house for nights on end, but this is when the problems started, like myself you may have experiences living with someone with OCD, it is really difficult for both of you, to start with I had to wash my hands around 20 times a day, not for me but for her, I had to shower whilst there before I even touched her, if the kitchen door opened she actually threw out all her food in her cupboards because she thought someone had put drugs in them, and the list went on and on, I tried my best to deal with it, but it slowly started to drag me into her world, I used to check things myself over and over again. Even though I knew it was causing me a lot of stress I strayed with her and never gave in, I thought I could make things better, this just isn't always the case I’m afraid, and in this case we ended up breaking up, this was probably one of the most stressful and upsetting times of my life, for me and for her, I hated seeing her suffer and I couldn't find a way to help her, if like me this has happened to you or you know someone who suffers then use some of the information on this small site to educate yourself,

Thank you. Be happy

www.free4adventure.com/ocd.htm