Pet Peeves & OCD

RedRibbons

Do you think they are connected? Are pet peeves enhanced because of OCD? What are your pet peeves?

Even if you don't have OCD and have pet peeves, share them.. and the extent to which they bother you.. it would be interesting to see if there is a correlation..

Or.. If you have OCD and don't have any pet peeves... share that as well.

scissorhands

I dont have OCD, but I hate when the tv volume is on an odd number. It has to be even. Or a 3 or 9, cause they both divide evenly... I don'tknow why. Also I reeally reaaally get annoyed when people's elbos touch me..

RedRibbons

:lol: Elbows! hahaha. I get really annoyed when peoples feet touch me, softly.

...I wanna re-name this thread. lol I want more people to share their pet peeves.

Danfalc22

Banned
Feet are rank full stop *shudders*.Ive got a thing about things being symetrical,erm like ornaments they have to be in line or it does my nut in.Im really fussy about being tidy sometimes which is probaly quite weird for a young guy living on his own lol,everything has its place and i do peoples heads in cos i tidy stuff up before they have finished wid it if im in a tidy up mood.

scissorhands

Yeah I do the symetrical thing too. Also I aways keep the keyboard and mouse pad and computer and things like that lined up at right angles on the desk. "if it's not a right angle, it's a wrong angle". I have another weird thing where if I have a bottle of water or box of food or something, I always keep the english side facing me, and make it symetrical.... maybe I do have OCD afterall. lol

Sick_Of_OCD

Yep, symmetry. I find myself straighting the items on shelves in stores. Lol. Numbers used to really bother me too. Someone mentioned that one this post about the numbers 3 and 9. Any multiple of 3 used to drive me batty. I'd get obsessed with refusing to touch things 3 times...or any number that is a multiple of 3. If I lost count, I'd go mad!

I actually really hate shoes, and HATE it when people have shoes on in the house, but it's not like I love feet or anything either. One thing I cannot stand is those wooden sticks on popsicles. It's sometimes hard for me to look at them. The thought of putting them in your mouth is so disgusting. I don't like touching them and I can't eat popsicles. It also makes me feel really cold and I absolutely cannot look when people have them in their mouths. Ew.

Danfalc

Banned
Psychedelicious said:
The thought of putting them in your mouth is so disgusting. I don't like touching them and I can't eat popsicles. It also makes me feel really cold and I absolutely cannot look when people have them in their mouths. Ew.

8O I thought i was the only one who hated em... ugh i really cant stand em they go through me im getting goose bumbs just thinking about it now.Cept its not just popsicles sticks... its like you know those wooden spoons you have for cooking... i cant wash them up im that bad..its just sommat about wet wood :eek: I think i was propaly battered to death with a piece of wet wood in a previous life.... either that or im just weird.

My mate has a thing about jewlery aswell he cant stand the stuff he honestly freaks out if i take my earings out.

RedRibbons

lol ridiculous. I don't think I even posted my pet peeves. Just.. Chewing really irritates me, I hate it. I hate the sound of loud breathing too. Or when someone continuously coughs. I get really irritated by crunching food. And when people stand over me. Or invade my bubble when I don't give them the go ahead. :x lol. Very annoying.

I thought i was the only one who hated em... ugh i really cant stand em they go through me im getting goose bumbs just thinking about it now.Cept its not just popsicles sticks... its like you know those wooden spoons you have for cooking... i cant wash them up im that bad..its just sommat about wet wood I think i was propaly battered to death with a piece of wet wood in a previous life.... either that or im just weird.

My mate has a thing about jewlery aswell he cant stand the stuff he honestly freaks out if i take my earings out.

Wow I know exactly how you feel! I hate those spoons too. The thought of dry wood actually seems less disgusting than that of wet wood. They both seem gross though. I also can't stand metal touching my teeth, and so I usually eat with plastic. I Love the feeling of plastic in your mouth!! Yeah, I'm just weird too.

Generic

Im a pro figdeter wherever i am and pretty much every pic im in ill be holding something random. I usually then balance them all to make a lil' totem pole outta anything near me......meh keeps me entertained haha 8O only time i sit still is when i'm watching the tv or something and even then i'll probs get up and pace a bit and then sit right the hell down again :S

Urm only compulsive thing i do is move glasses and mugs away from the edge of the table but that's kinda normal although i can't stop thinking about untill i've done it. why the hell do we have to have breakable stuff, i r gonna buy plastics.

rado31

Generic said:
Urm only compulsive thing i do is move glasses and mugs away from the edge of the table but that's kinda normal although i can't stop thinking about untill i've done it. why the hell do we have to have breakable stuff, i r gonna buy plastics.

Yeah, i do this too recently. I don't remember that in past i did that :(

maggie

Danfalc said:
Psychedelicious said:
The thought of putting them in your mouth is so disgusting. I don't like touching them and I can't eat popsicles. It also makes me feel really cold and I absolutely cannot look when people have them in their mouths. Ew.

8O I thought i was the only one who hated em... ugh i really cant stand em they go through me im getting goose bumbs just thinking about it now.Cept its not just popsicles sticks... its like you know those wooden spoons you have for cooking... i cant wash them up im that bad..its just sommat about wet wood :eek: I think i was propaly battered to death with a piece of wet wood in a previous life.... either that or im just weird.

lol! Dan i have that wet wood thing too..or if they chew on the end of a pencil...yikes :x also, people who eat and chew loudly..cough and sneeze a ton of times..really loud, drives me bananas :? or how bout the people that are smoking in their car..then throw it out the window when they're done..then it lands under my car..i'm always afraid that it will ignite something underneath and blow me up..that drives me nuts :evil:

Danfalc

Banned
Psychedelicious said:
Wow I know exactly how you feel! I hate those spoons too. The thought of dry wood actually seems less disgusting than that of wet wood. They both seem gross though. I also can't stand metal touching my teeth, and so I usually eat with plastic. I Love the feeling of plastic in your mouth!! Yeah, I'm just weird too.

Hehe no way maggie n Psychedelicious :) i thought i was the only person on this planet to be freaked out by wooden spoons :lol: But yeah totaly... for some reason wet wood is worse... :? honestly its like my nightmare to plunge my hand into the washing up and feel a wet wooden spoon ugh...i do honestly get goose bumps n shivers thinking bout it.But yeah dry wood isnt great either like the end bit of the pencils which arnt smooth and a big ew at people munching on em*shudders*

I was gonna say sommat about the plastic thing but that would just get me in trouble :lol: Anywayyyyy maggie you saying about people doing ya tree in coughing loads ect i would seriously peck ya head then i think,im always like having to clear my throat its like a nerves thing :oops: otherwise my voice sounds like its breaking again lol.

I don't have a problem with the wooden things, but I cannot let my teeth scrape on the metal silverware of restaurants that seem 'dirty' to me. I hate that grinding feeling. I sometimes can't even close my mouth on them all the way. I just kinda try to get the food to fall off the spoon or fork into my mouth. Also my tongue can touch the spoon or fork, just not the teeth.

I also can't stand it when people sit close next to me. If they touch me it just freaks me out. I can't stand it. After they do touch me then I have to repeat the touch exactly as it felt the first time.