prefer snow

maggie

Today it's looking a lot like spring outside! :evil: It's nice and all, for most people, but I prefer winter when I can much more easily hide inside my house, by the fire :) hide out from the world. Much more difficult to do this is the warmer weather. Also, in the wintertime, it gets dark around 6 pm where I live, like that too! Soon, I have to venture outside to do yard work, might have to say hi to neighbor, 8O . I prefer shovelling snow in the dark anyday! ! Spring and summer stress me out, man! Am I weird or what :?

that's precisely why I don't like snow: I have to shovel it; and the wind chill is -40; and snow gets into my shoes.

The kind of weather I like is when there's thunderstorm, heavy rain and when the sky goes dark 3 O clock in the afternoon. But in manitoba we rarely get that kind of weather, maybe twice a year.

pitkreet

I've been feeling pretty low over the past couple of weeks and I think it's partly due to the onset of spring.

I hate the cold of winter but I do like the snugness of shutting the doors and curtains and locking the world out from about 5pm. Where I live, in mid-summer it's still light after 11pm and it doesn't really get properly dark.....that gives me the heebie-jeebies.

I think also seeing everyone else cheer up and out having fun in spring adds to my morose feeling.

And I've got the hayfever season to look forward to, and the endless grass-cutting, and insects buzzing around my face, and the screaming kids playing in the street outside my house until after 10pm.

Roll on September!!

Yes it's true. Summer is still the worse one of the two. :lol:

At least in my area, It's really dry and hot in summer. But the worst part would be the mosquitos and other bugs like pitkreet mentioned. and I don't just dislike mosquitos, I'm extremely afraid of them ...but mosquito is the number one excuse I use for not going outside.

arlequin

I used to like the winter a lot but now I hate it because I feel down and I feel like doing nothing. I love the time we're having now in my city and in the summer too. Besides days are longer. With that I feel more optimistic and is nice to have a long walk. It charges my batteries : )

lawyerguy

I live in california..it never snows here...never....its mostly sunny year round even during the winter..(its just a bit more chilly then). People say that sunny weather makes you happier. I'm living proof that having sunny weather will not gaurantee that you will be in a happy mood. But maybe I would be more depressed if it did snow here. I don't know.

MadCat

lawyerguy said:
I live in california..it never snows here...never....its mostly sunny year round even during the winter..(its just a bit more chilly then). People say that sunny weather makes you happier. I'm living proof that having sunny weather will not gaurantee that you will be in a happy mood. But maybe I would be more depressed if it did snow here. I don't know.

The sun gives me a headache, makes me feel depressed and it's TOO DAMN hot even if everything thinks it's a pretty dull day.

I prefer snow, rain, thunder etc. It is my type of enviroment!

maggie

me too, I love snow, rain, thunderstorms ; huge blizzardy snow storms where I live are so cool! Sun and heat bum me out :?