Psychedelics

Hylke

Recently I have taken a liking into magic mushrooms, and since I live in the Netherlands these are freely available for me. Anyway, I think I am becoming addicted to them, something which is theoretically impossible.

You see, there are two kinds of addiction; mental and physical. Magic mushrooms are physically not addictive since they create a rather unpleasant physical feeling and leave psylocibin (the working chemical) in your body for about a week, making you feel happy and relaxed.

Anyway; for most people MM's aren't mentally addictive either because in contrary to drugs like alcohol and pod they do not numb, in fact they make you aware of your problems and give you a big mental rollercoaster. This is the reason why most people don't want to use them more than once or more then a few times a year.

However, currently I am craving for more nearly every moment of the day, and it isn't like a physical addiction at all, it is not a physical feeling, but rather a mental, rational wish.

Whenever I am tripping I feel...normal...at ease. My disorder fades away (I am no longer forcing myself to interact), I no longer feel the need to interact. I just feel the need to observe, I am interested in everything except what other people may think of me. It just feels so natural.

Anyone else ever have a similar experience?