Public Speaking

Agon

God, I hate public speaking. There was this one time we had this oral presentation about our research project, and since I was the only one out of three members slaving away the past year at this damn requirement, I should have been the one to explain everything, right?

This skank-faced hoebag life-ruiner was the one who ended up wowing everyone with her superior public speaking skills and insight. She made it look like she was the one working on it the whole time.

Anyway. I was outraged. And yes, I still have a lot of hate and bitterness. But come to think of it, I kind of envy that kind of ability she has. It actually makes me strive towards something - and no, not the skank-faced hoebag life-ruiner part. I want to be better at this.

Acegame

Since i've seen myself on tape speaking in front of public i'm allot less nervous about it nowdays. I've seen myself twice and it was so much better than how i experienced it in my mind. It was some sort of a presentation training we had to take for school. Everybody in my class had the same experience as i had. So my advice is to try and get yourself on tape speaking infront of public :)

I used to be very very nervous before giving a presentation. Even weeks before it actually took place. It was so bad that i didn't want to prepare myself for it, because then i saw myself standing there. Thats how scared i was. But since i've seen myself on tape, i had only good experiences.

leave_me_alone

No, cant do. I mean, its not much different than talking to a stranger. Icant act spontaneously, so it always feels awkward. Dont really know what to say, unless it is topic that i am very familiar with (which hardly happens, given my interests and hobbies are different from those of my peers). And I am really bad at small talk.

And yeah, blackouts, usually in very tense situations (exam etc.). My brains locks and i just cant think clearly.

Phoenixx

Hmmm, good question.... I really don't know, to be honest. I suppose it has to do with being able to share my thoughts/ideas with a group of people; there's a feeling of power when you're standing up behind a platform, and are the only one "allowed" to speak, and can say whatever you want within reason..... that's my attempt at describing it :/
^ That make sense. You make a good point, with being the only one "allowed" to speak so you can say what you want. Wish I thought of it like that, never actually felt that sense of "power" though.

^ That make sense. You make a good point, with being the only one "allowed" to speak so you can say what you want. Wish I thought of it like that, never actually felt that sense of "power" though.

I don't want that power. That kind of power demands attention, and I hate attention.