Question About Iontophoresis

jay77

I am currently at college, but will be going home for a weekend. For iontophoresis, your're supposed to use it everyday for around 10 days. If I use it for 3 hours a day, for three days would it work the same? I could space out the times and use it during the morning, afternoon, and night, but would that be effective?

Sprawling

That is a good good question. I gather that would be rather easy to do with a Pulsed unit rather than with a non-pulsed unit. With non-pulsed unit it may may make your hands quite irritated.

If you do go ahead with this idea, let us know if it works.

Jezza

Well because the method of action of ionto is unknown nobody can really answer this unless they happen to have tried this approach (but I don't think many have done sessions of 3 hours at a time :eek:).

As for me personally I would gestimate that frequent repetitions are more effective than long treatments with longer breaks (say a couple of days instead of daily), but then the longest treatments I did were for about an hour...not 3 hours..

If it's just a few days and you can't bring the device with you, you might be kinda ok skipping a few days of treatment. It's not ideal sweatwise and if your situation is comparable to me your hands (particularly fingers/fingertips) will absolutely start to get a little moist after a few days of no treatments but with a little caution handshakes are still possible in my case. I've done this a few times when going to stay at friends for a weekend and managed to get through the dreaded inevitable handshakes at the end ok.