Question for Pinker.

hydroman123

Hey, Pinker how long have you been using iontophoresis? I just started getting my Idrostar to work-my hands are around 60%-80% dry. So I'm ecstatic at the moment.
My biggest question is- have you noticed a reduction in the effectiveness while using only tap water? I suppose we hyperhidrosis sufferers have to worry about something and now for me it's whether the only treatment that works will cease to do so. Thanks in advance.

Theo55

Hi ! I had an iontophoresis machine as well, it worked well for a couple of days , it does stop around 60-70% of the sweating , but after a few days of the therapy the sweating return (even worst) and the machine became less effective. Then I gave up on it

Theo55

Hi Pinker , cant believe someone else here is from Manchester as well. I was surprise to find this site ,and glad I had as well. It is good to know that someone else can understand my condition , becuase noone else I know does (as I can hide it quite well), my doctor is a complete a*seh*le and wouldnt prescribe me anything that woulod cost more than £5.

With the iontophoresis machine , I spent £250 on it and only used it about 20 times. It did help at first but the effect would wear off , also it is such a hassle . In addition, although the number of onset of sweating would decrease. But once it started it was even worst than before. To be honest, I found it more useful just to put my hand in some wrm water for 5 minutes.

I have tried the topical treatments such as Drycol and Fort , but they dont do much good for me. I had just read some reviews on a product called Perspirex and I might just go and give it a try.

Have you heard of the glycopyrronate cream (avert) and Secure wipes , and have you start testing them ?

Jezza

I've tried a few times to get my Idromed to work, first with the advised schedule that is in the manual (10 days, daily 10min/polarity), then the same but longer, then every other day for an hour...

But I never really got the right results. Hands seemed somewhat drier sometimes, but when push came to shove, it made no real difference. If anything, I would say the longer the treatments and the higher the amperage, the worse it seemed to get.

But I couldn't really say well this works and this doesn't, because results seemed to be on and off and never enough to actually make a difference. Quite frustrating. Ultimately I even took the machine with me when I went to study abroad (which was cool at the airport), but it did me little good and it was even more of a struggle in that environment to do the treatments, and in the meantime I did get some skin problems because of doing the treatments, so I finally gave up on it.

Some actually have great succes with it though, maybe if they find out some day how it exactly works to stop the sweating it will be easier to indicate what to do.

wethandsandfeet

Jezza said:
I've tried a few times to get my Idromed to work, first with the advised schedule that is in the manual (10 days, daily 10min/polarity), then the same but longer, then every other day for an hour...

But I never really got the right results. Hands seemed somewhat drier sometimes, but when push came to shove, it made no real difference. If anything, I would say the longer the treatments and the higher the amperage, the worse it seemed to get.

This is exactly my experience with the Idromed. Only sweating from the back of my hands stopped. Sweating everywhere else remained the same. I still use the machine but am losing hope of getting it to work.

Theo55

Pinker , have you got the 1% cream yet or still waiting ? and what did you think of Dehyral cream ?

Theo55

True ! I heard that too the other 1/3 probably located in the feet. . Yes , you should remind the doc about the cream, they often need a kick in the backside. Hopefully there is a cure for HH without any side-effect and 100% effective before long. Just need to keep praying