quitting out of things

CeCe

i was just wondering if u guys found yourselves quitting out of many things.. like for me it was soccer, then girlscouts, then marching band. Have u ever done this before...cuz i kno some of u r older ppl...but im onli 15 and i just started noticing the signs at around 13. Also does ur physical appearance change with SA?

Morgs

The only physical thing that SA changes is body language. you don't look any different just nervous or shy. And get on treatment before you get older because it will get worse . i am 20 and still haven't told what little friends i have left, let-alone my family or a stranger. I did make an appointment to see the doctor but like always i am getting very nervous. and don't think i can go through with it.

I droped out of school in year 11

Aerandir

since I had my depression, i took like 35lb :? , I'm a lot more fat, especially in the face. 8O

UH-OH

Use relaxation methods

I can't even talk to a stranger with eye to eye contact. If its a man I generally feel like they think I am crazy or if its a women I always think they think I'm a crazy sexual predatory or something wierd. I don't make good eye contact and they probably end up thinking this.

I am in college and am in a speech class. This is the main problem I have with the class.

I have started using my own yoga form and working out (aerobic and anaerobic.) It seems to help me relax but in social situations I am still trying to conquer my fear.

Pearl

CeCe, l started avoiding things in my teens too, like an important final yr study camp. Hope you can get some support for it, don't let it ruin your ambitions.

Morgs, good luck with the dr's appt, l'm sure it'll go fine and you'll find someone who listens and is understanding. Think of the gains and all you can get off your chest. It can help you see things in perspective and reduce shame. Hope it works out! :)

redlady

I just don't get involved in the first place. Or if someone is asking me to get involved i lie and say 'yeah that sounds good, okay i'll do that thanks' and then just don't show up. But i believe that i will do it at the time - my mind convinces me that i will when i am in the moment because i can't 'lie' if you know what i mean.

PhantomPod

Yeah, I'm a huge quitter. It sucks because it leaves you with tons of regrets.

I quit saxophone lessons, I quit guitar lessons, I quit gymnastics, I quit basketball, and I quit girl scouts and soccer as well. And probably more things that I just can't think of at the moment.

I've always been a quitter. It's a shame really, because now when I think about it I don't even know why I quit. Because I really did like all of those things.

FaymeLevy

I've quit everything i've been involved in since I was 12. About 2 months ago, I started weight watchers, and the temptation to quit is growing with each day. But im trying to stick it out and change my patterns.

Neebo

Yeah I've dropped out of quite a few things too because my SA/SP got so bad :x When I was about 12 or 13 I decided to take up Kickboxing because like I've said before I've always been fascinated by the Martial arts and wanted to learn one. But after only a few lessons,it got too much I couldn't face going anymore and I dropped out :x Looking back now I kind of regret it and wish I could of stayed. I think to myself Damn it,I could of been a blackbelt by now! :( Which is what one of my ambitions is to achieve. But I just couldn't handle it. :x I also dropped out of high school when I was 14 years old too,again because of my Socialphobia and also because I was being bullied too which also made it worse. And I've also failed and dropped out of college too,God I feel like such a loser :( I just wish I could do something I liked and be able to stick with it and then finally succeed at it.

Fighter86

Yup, I tend to quit stuff half way as well. I signed up for a series of 10 aerobics class(all paid for), attended 1 & never went back again( coz I was the most unco-ordinated student & I was to embaressed to go back), start a new diet, & before I know it, its back to old habits in a matter of weeks.... :roll:

Jeannie21

Try not to get mad at yourself for quitting. Instead, congratulate yourself for trying. Certain things might just not have been for you. The key is to sort these things out from the things that you really like and you are only quitting them because of SA.

This year, I decided to quit my ballet lessons. But when I think about it, ballet is one of the only things that makes me happy. So I am reconsidering it.

I have quit many things in the past because of SA like my first and only job and many classes in university that I really wanted to take,

so you are not alone!!

young

I guess it really depends on what you call "quiting" If by quiting means i stopped doing something cause I didn't like it anymore. Then yes I've quit things. Or being a quiter cause doing it takes a lot of time to do it. And you're already have a busy schedule then yes i'm a quiter.