Road Rage Revisited

Tim001

I just had another road rage incident on the way home from work. I don't look for these things to happen, they just do. I just can't seem to let things go like "normal" people. Because of my low self esteem, I need to get even or get my own back with the other person.

This anger comes on very suddenly and I feel physically drained afterward. I HATE feeling this way because even when the incident is over, I feel this poison in my system for hours and sometimes days later.

Anyone ever go to anger management classes. If so; did it help?

Chilling__Echo

I CAN'T AGREE WITH YOU ANY MORE!

especially on the road. i can become enraged so fast, truely like a blaze from one little spark. but not just limited to the road but other things as well. i've seriously thought about taking a class or something, it interferes with some of my close relationships, to the point where they question even telling me some things. but i get that feeling alot. and i can't even hold it in or i feel ten times worse later, like i HAVE to let whatever's eating me up know it and have it. i know it just comes from alot of inward frustration with myself. those that say that mean and hateful people are really hurting and lonely couldn't be anymore right. i am not a hateful person but i can see how the saying is true. sorry i can't be of help, just know you're not alone.

despise

oh... well i hope it was'nt either of you two that were screaming at me yesterday :cry: learning to drive is hard enough. and it doesnt help when there are people who are so impatient behind me. i stalled the car on a massive main road within 5 mins of my lesson...so the other 55mins of it were total pain and agony and me trying to hold back my tears. and because i was like that, i stalled the car another 2 times...got about 6 angry people beeping at me and 2 people who drove beside me and screamed at me. :cry: i hate driving!!!!!!!!! im surprised i did'nt crash and kill both me and my instructor... at least he was being sympathetic to me instead of how he normally is...'teases' me. thinks its funny i guess... oh well.. one more lesson and then i can drive where and when i please..if i ever drive again.

Chilling__Echo

nah, i know better than to do anything like that on the road. too many people carry guns in their cars these days and we've had shootings recently. and if the car stalled, than they were dicks for yelling at you anyway. i'm not that impatient, i just hate people who are and ride my ass.

does your instructor tease you?? that seems a little... wrong. especially since you are learning

despise

yeah he does tease me. sometimes it's funny. and he's probably just used to people laughing with him. i dunno..maybe im just weak.

Chilling__Echo

nah, if you don't feel comfortable with it, then it's nothing wrong with you. you can't help how you feel and there's nothing weak about that :D

ignisfatuus

I have the same problem and it is the result of bottling everything up instead of immediately confronting the source of vexation. When I was on Nardil, the inhibitions surrounding any outburst of anger were somewhat reduced and resulted in several incidents, one of which was a fistfight with a roommate.

wutnow

Some guy let me and (2) other cars on the freeway. So at the next on ramp, I felt obliged to do the same, and I did, and it felt great. Nobody waved, but that's cool, waving can be misinterpreted.

Road selfishness is silly. Yesterday some guy that must have been in his 60's, did the 'close the gap real quick' so I couldn't merge. I looked at him and his bitter scowl of a mask. F:ck that - 60-years old, 60 years of living and it's all come down to a damn spot on the freeway? I mean, hell, he can have the spot. It's not like I'm going to be forever excluded. I'm going to get to merge sooner or later and I don't really care where.

Man, I don't want to be worrying about someone merging ahead of me when I'm 60. :?

Tim001

Hey wutnow, that is a great attitude and one that I wish I could master. In my run-ins with people, it is always in situations where people are trying to merge. By the way, I am not one of those that close the gap, but I have it done to me several times a day. That's where I lose my temper. I really wish I could just dismiss it as some selfish bastard with his own problems and get on with life. :(

Scottish_Player

wutnow said:
60 years of living and it's all come down to a damn spot on the freeway?

Wutnow i realy like the way you put that its does show how insignificent (if thats how its spelt) some things in life actulay are :wink: