Robinul

cycler

I thinking about taking an anticholinergic for my excessive sweating. I sweat excessively all over my body, especially the scalp. But I only sweat like this when I'm exercising or doing moderate work, like walking up some stairs. So do I have hyperhidrosis? When you take an anti-cholinergic such as robinul, can slowly increasing the dose decrease the chance of dry mouth? How bad does dry mouth get? Can the anti-cholinergic stop working after a while? If I take one at 8 am, do I need to take another one throughout the day if I don't need it at night?

sweatingballs

Hyperhydrosis usually interferes with other areas of your life. If that is not the case, I'd avoid medication and try cutting back on caffiene and sugar. I use to sweat like you do, but randomly it would happen for no reason and was awful.

I'm on Robinul, but did not follow the instructions. I was suppose to take it three times a day. The first day I took it, I only took one pill and didn't notice much difference although my eyes and mouth were dry the next morning. It took a couple days to kick in, but I did notice a significant reduction in sweating. I tried a second pill a day and my mouth was so dry I could hardly talk.

I now take a half pill just before work(semi-physical) and a whole pill if I'm in a stressful or highly physical activity. I'm pleased with the results and the side effects are just about non-existant. I also cut back on caffiene and dropped some weight so this may have been a factor with my results.