running away

Jackie

Does anyone feel like they want to run away from their social phobia. I feel like where ever I go social phobia always follows me. The fear of making a fool out of myself if I talk and scared if I do talk and mess up then people wont like me or not talk to me. And I also feel like if I do mess up talking then people will think Im unintelligent. :?

thelostworld

i feel exactly that way..i often think about going to the woods to live alone but i wonder if i might still feel depressed even if not anxious. and also i would probably get incredibly boring..i think about killing myself all the time but i doubt i'd even succeed at that

GettingThere

Maybe we should all move to a little country town, buy out the locals and take over it. SP behaviour would be the norm and because it was normal there would be less pressure and a hell of a lot more understanding.

There could be a problem forming commitees to do certain things but with a bit of imagination.......

FruitLooPs

I've clocked up just over 50km of walking aimlessly in the last two saturdays because of SA related probelms. I got back about 5mins ago from a 10km walk home from town because of what a girl said on the bus to town :oops:

Kinda ruined my night but i'll live heh.

blackbird

I often feel like I am literally trying to run away from SA problems. I'm a runner and going out for a nice long run by myself is usually one of the only ways I'm able to calm my mind down after an especially socially-problematic episode. Also, one of the only ways I'm able to feel good about myself is by pushing myself on a run. If it weren't for running my self-confidence would probably be about zero.

Chilling__Echo

ugh, i try working out but i hate going to the gym, i fee llike everyone is watching me when i do run. :( and outside is even worse cuz then, i'm the only one working out

cody2468

I used to try and run away from my SA but it always followed me where ever i went. I even tried moving to a new town but it didn't work. The only way to get rid of it is to face it head on and try to overcome your fears and problems.

unleashed

yeah thats..wherever we go we have to take ourself with us. theres no escape..not by running away. i feel like it but, what woulld it achieve? the whole concept of starting over seems like bullshit to me. if i cant do it here i cant do it anywhere. the time is now.