Rushing to get out of everything?

Jodie-Tyler

Hi,
I'm frequently finding myself rushing to get back home, no matter what I'm doing. Even if I'm having fun, which is not most of the time.

But talking to people, I keep my input minimum, and I'm always looking at clocks, watches ECT, to see how long it is until I can go home.

(I always choose a time to be home by, wherever I am, keeps things in order)

Hi,
I'm frequently finding myself rushing to get back home, no matter what I'm doing. Even if I'm having fun, which is not most of the time.

But talking to people, I keep my input minimum, and I'm always looking at clocks, watches ECT, to see how long it is until I can go home.

(I always choose a time to be home by, wherever I am, keeps things in order)

You kinda sound like me. When I'm at a friends house, I will always look at my watch. My friend thinks it's rather annoying when I do that. It's not that I don't like to be with him, but I just need to make sure for myself that I can't stay too long at his place. I need to go back home on time, to do my own stuff.

Jodie-Tyler

mmmmm, I get what you mean, I too do that at my friends house.
May I ask how you are with talking to people?...face to face I mean

agoraphobickatie

i'm like that, too... anytime i'm out of the house, i like to make trips to the mall or grocery store really quick. it's like "well if i'm only in there for five minutes then i'll be okay, i won't feel panicky for too long"... and it's also all in my head, like if i tell my friends "yeah, i'll stop by and say hi" (to make it sound like i'm not gonna stay long), then i'll feel a little less anxious than i would if i were to plan to go somewhere and have to stay until a certain time. i don't really want to get home to do any of my own stuff like y'all said, i just want to get home to 'feel safe' or whatever...

mmmmm, I get what you mean, I too do that at my friends house.
May I ask how you are with talking to people?...face to face I mean

I really suck at talking with people. Usually I only give most people short answers, but I can talk more when I'm with my friends. Usually I can only talk a lot with my family.

Jodie-Tyler

i don't really want to get home to do any of my own stuff like y'all said, i just want to get home to 'feel safe' or whatever...

That's exactly how I see my house. It's safe. I can totally relax there, thus why I'm always rushing to get back.

However when I'm there, I don't talk to my family either. Just stay in my room and occasionally trade conversation.