School :/

paul

For me, I go into 8th grade on September 12th :( extremely nervous about this, especially considering my two best friends are leaving (pretty much the only people I feel comfortable with) and there will be many new people.
And to top it off, we're having an overnight on the first week of school! They are crazy!

Is school starting for anybody else; and are you nervous?

redlady

It seems you are in the company of the older crowd - but way back when in my day, i too hated going back to school after breaks - they just seemed to go so fast, then before you knew it you had to go back to that place. My anxiety would swim back up to the surface after it's little holiday and assume control again - i didn't know it was anxiety at the time my very informed young friend.

Boundless

You will do fine im sure :D I stopped going to school 4 years ago,but college may be on the cards soon.

PhantomPod

Yeah, I'm starting my first year of college in a few days. I'm pretty nervous, but I'm also really excited. I think I'll do fine though. I've been prepping myself all Summer and getting ready to go out there and be more out going, so I'll be able to meet plenty of new people.

I hope you're school year isn't too bad though. And you have to go, so I guess you just have to try and make the best of it. good luck! :D

SPECTACULAR

yeah my college is starting in a week or so, but i was trying to calm myself down and remind myself of the good subjects i like and the good teachers. But after i read your post i started to get nervous...
yeah, thanks pauly. :(

black_mamba

paul said:
For me, I go into 8th grade on September 12th :( extremely nervous about this, especially considering my two best friends are leaving (pretty much the only people I feel comfortable with) and there will be many new people.
And to top it off, we're having an overnight on the first week of school! They are crazy!

The first day of school - I'll never forget that feeling! In the morning I would wake and feel instantly scared to death.

Why are you staying overnight? Is it a boarding school?

I go back to university in late September and I can't wait, although I know I will get anxious, because my faculty is my only safe-zone where I feel very little anxiety towards other people that occupy the corridors - we're all studying similar courses and we've got a cool little community going on. :)

sensitive

i am not just going to college soon, i am also travelling abroad to join college 8) . i have only around 10 days. i am not nervous yet, wait till that day come, i may run away :p .

paul

Thanks for your posts everyone :)

wow... the first day of college is more more intense than just another year at middle school -- good good good luck with that, really.

spectacular - heh, sorry about that... I got reminded because a friend reminded me about it... it's like an evil sickness or something
black_mamba - yep, that's definitely the feeling! I'm not going to a boarding school (thankfully); the reason we're having an overnight thing is because our school does this "big day out" thing on the first week, where we spend the day not doing classes, I guess so the new people have a chance to meet other people. This is my second year and last year I missed it (luckily :p)
sensitive - wow.. where are you going might I ask? I hope and bet it will be a good experience :)

sensitive

i am going to Yemen, not far from here still in Middle East. actually i was supposed to leave to the US (i have a sister there) when i graduated from high school but i couldn't :( however my sister will try to bring me to there.

Bush and his team have made tough policies after 9/11. the US receives thousands of foreign students every year however much less people can go to the US after 9/11. tuition is very expensive there, i can't afford it so i was supposed to go there as a refugee or immigrant and study free 8) .

D

deleteduser

yeah i started school today (year 10) and i was soooo nervous!