Selective mutism?

Pigtails

Hey, I'm brand new here and was wondering if anyone has selective mutism like me. It would be great to meet another person with SM and be able to "talk" with them. I never met anyone with it before, so it's hard to deal and talk about it with others.

Danfalc

Banned
Hey, I'm brand new here and was wondering if anyone has selective mutism like me. It would be great to meet another person with SM and be able to "talk" with them. I never met anyone with it before, so it's hard to deal and talk about it with others.

I dont know much about SM,but the little have heard about it makes me wonder if I had it during high school,or if just socical phobia is very simlar.Anyway just wanted to say welcome to SPW!

I'm sure if you give the site a chance you will meet nice people who can definatley relate to what your going through.:)

market.garden

There was a documentary on the BBC last night on selective mutism called "My Child Won't Speak." - I'd never really heard much about selective mutism and it was actually really interesting.

It's on BBC iPlayer right now - BBC iPlayer - My Child Won't Speak

Definitely worth a watch.

xztinkerbellzx

I have selective mutism. ::(: