self pity

Anonymous

if you all actually stopped feeling sorry for yourselves then you would probably find you can get better. I think some of you are just bone idle and in a weird way like being socialphobic, maybe your not actually socialphobic at all but just do not like people.

Anonymous

yeah maybe u r sad for coming into this website and bothering to send a message when u have no idea what sa is and no idea what u r doing here.is it because u have no friend s? though tso..........(aimed at 1st post)

Anonymous

I suffered from social anxiety for a few years until I realised that all I had to do was buck up and get my ass moving. I feel sorry for the lot of you, not because you have SA, but because your self pitying ways are letting you down. When you actually realise that you and only you can get yourself over it then your a step closer, so stop relying on others for sympathy. I await the torrent of abuse from people that cannot handle the truth.

GettingThere

I think that I see something dribbling out of the corner of your mouth guest. Oh, its bullshit!

You are confusing your life with everybody else's.

LilMissTragic

I never realised self pity was illegal.
When you suffer from a fear, ie, Socialphobia, all rational thought goes out the window. Fear sets in and anxiety soon follows. Day in and day out people with SP go through that. Depression soon sets in, making one feel a major mix of bad emotions. So I think we can afford to be a little self pitying now and then, all humans do, not just people with SP.
Ever heard of seratonin?...its a little chemical, when the brain doesn't get enough of it thats when we feel depression...a chemical imbalance. In this case brought on by irrational fear. People with depression often come across as moody, irrational and angry...maybe even self pitying. We can't help the way you or anyone else percieve our moods. Maybe you need more of an insight into mental disorders. We all suffer varying degrees of SP and depression. What makes you think you know us all?

Chilling_Echo

all i gotta say is don't even act like you know what other people experience. what may seem like self pity to you may be something completely different to us. wouldn't it be arrogant to think that you knew how we handled things?

Chilling_Echo

i don't even know why i answer to the fucking assholes that come on the board just to start shit. either they just want to start something or they fail to realize that they're closed minded

Anonymous

Guest, i treat people equally, as how i wish to be treated, and like other people, and yet have social phobia/anxiety. So mate,..i don't know where you got your facts from!
This is ned kelly..i've lost my password for the moment...bugger!

Anonymous

Lil Miss is right... everyone is entitled to their opinions, and... we sps must learn to accept that and quit trying to argue our points with those who can not & will not accept who WE ARE-- it's useless to argue as they have formed their opinion(s) and likely they are up for a dispute in trying to prove them.

Just ignore them, I realize it's difficult not to stand up for ourselves, but, if we can't ignore these opinionated people at a forum, how can we ever expect to deal with them in daily life? It's natural to feel threatened and feel the need to defend ourselves and the others that are afflicted with these disorders as well, but unfortunately, our battles will accomplish nothing, so it is really best to just accept and ignore the attackers and move on. In doing this at SPW, we can use it as a lesson for 'the real world'.

Come on sps... we can do it! By ignoring the attacker, we are also showing them that we are strong enough to shrug off their opinions. If we reply in defense, it shows the attacker that we are weak, and the attacks will continue, don't give them that option! If you feel you MUST reply, thank them for their 2 cents and tell them to have a nice day!!!

Anonymous

i have to agree with the original poster to a point.self pity is ok and we should all feel it from time to time,it's one of our emotions.but it's not healthy if we remain in a self pity state long term,as it stops us from moving forward in any way.self pity is also a form of negative thinking and generates more negative emotions such as anger,the very things that fuel our sa.so please try to get away from self pity.i have had it for years and i'm finally trying to move away from it.i have been internally focused for years and i am now trying to focus externally as well,by being more concerned about the well being of others,while in the past i never really cared,but i didn't intentionally not care,it was the sa that lead to this.i was very independent and didn't think anyone cared for me and i had to look after no 1 and had no energy left for external thoughts.