shock

shez

was anyone else dismayed by reading some of the posts by mrnomates.
Each to their own and all that. but... the use of anything stimulating like coke and speed scares me, it would make me feel so much worse . i notice that when i am stressed if i drink too much coffee it makes me agitated.
Does anyone else have this experience?

wistful_dementia

I wasn't dismayed over him advocating illicit drugs as much as much as it being suggested that antidepressants don't work. I think the stats suggest that they do work and that there is more to it than a placebo effect. As far as coke- yeah it stresses me. cocaine works on alot of different neurotransmitters but mainly on somekind of a norephedrine . Alot of illicit drugs cause euphoric effects and hit the system all at once like a torrent of water breaking down a damn. SSRI's are more like a slow trickle and take awhile to build up and for the user to feel the effect.

shez

I agree with you. I've found AD's have worked and the research does support it. But i view them as fuel for an engine I still have to stear to recovery.
Thank you for posting a reply

shez

I agree with you. I've found AD's have worked and the research does support it. But i view them as fuel for an engine I still have to stear to recovery.
Thank you for posting a reply

Remus

Staff member
I took speed when I was younger, it makes your SA ten times worse as does coke, he's prolly got SA from taking them I bet, I've met a few who have.

bloody idiot

shez

Thank you all for replies, this was the first time i posted, thanks to encouragement from member D. :D

I wouldn't be so harsh on people who use drugs eg coke, there is a reason why people do so, and sometimes people have to reach so low before recognising their is a problem.

I agree about anti depressants, i'm due to gradually stop mine soon. The main difficulty was overcoming the belief that only the meds made a difference. i realise that they helped get me to a point where i was able to make life changes.

GettingThere

I tried sniffing coke once.

It was a mixed experience. The bubbles kinda tickled my nostrils and that was good but I didn't like having softdrink up my nose.

tommydog

iv used both coke, speed, and others in the past. I wouldnt rule out using small amounts again on occasion.

my experience was that it didnt affect my sp ... however i had a scare once from too much dexa-something or rather ... i felt like i was gonna die .. and it wasnt some stupid psychological thing .. id taken shitloads of the stuff, my heart was beating VERY fast, i had a massive fever .. very dizzy .. i would recomend to be very careful with amphetamines.

pot, weed, ganja, call it what you will, that shit is BAD BAD BAD BAD to anyone with sp. I wouldnt touch that stuff again under any circumstance.

tommydog

re caffiene ... i went through a period of about almost 2 weeks with no coffee (i drink about 5 cups a day normally) and i definetly felt a measurable difference to my nerves.

i try and limit it to 1 cup a day now .. the rest is decaff.

Remus

Staff member
tommy_15 said:
iv used both coke, speed, and others in the past. I wouldnt rule out using small amounts again on occasion.

you have to trust me on this man, it does affec t you even in small amounts :(

you usually get the SA/psycosis side affects months later and not straight away, which makes it worse as you usually dont notice till the harm is done

tommydog

i will trust you on it. i feel the same way with pot, when people say it dosnt affect you bady, i just cringe

well, thanks for that remus ... you just shattered one of my future aspirations .. to drive a big rig semi up and down the east coast of australia ... hope your fuckin happy now ya bastard :lol:

hehe

for those of you living in very very small places like uk ... in australia interstate, and even instate truck drivers are constantly pumping white shit up thier nose to stay awake and keep up with thier schedual :?

Remus

Staff member
you you are right about pot too

I got cannabis induced psycosis bout ten years ago and stopped smoking it.

(too many bucket bongs)!