Shutting friends out?

MPS

Anyone else find themselves doing this?

I have like two pretty close friends, but I'm seriously troubled whenever the phone rings hoping it's not one of them. Sometimes I find myself turning off my mobile or even unplugging my house phone just to avoid a call 8O :( . When I do find the courage to answer the phone, I'm always looking for an excuse to get off and often run out of things to say. :oops:

Richey

I turn my mobile off alot. People always say to me why dont you answer me. If its work i never answer the phone thats for sure.
Its not that im scared to talk. Its that rarely people call me for a chat. They always want something.

richkid

The only way you can resolve this is by confronting it the next time a FRIEND rings (emphasis on friend) pick it up say hello, and listen to what they have to say. Pharaphase repaet wht they say back to them,sound interested if you can. People loved to be listen to, if they ask how you are be truthful say you feel shit. They be there to do the same. Ask yourself if you had a friend in the same situation how would you deal with it and would it be unreasable to do that. It will never fell great answering the phone to just have a chat but it will get easier. Give it ago what you got to lose.

Skyla

i do dat sometimes. one time a friend called and we chatted and it went alright because we hadnt spoken in a while and she's quite chatty, so it flowed. but then she called two days later and i panicked. nothing had gone on in da two days since she called and there was akward silence coz we didnt have much to say. when she called again a few days later, i didnt answer.
now, when my friend calls (a diffrernt one) more than once a week i think "but why wud dis person be calling ME so much...." i dont really understand. i think "oh well she must be a loner like me den, otherwise she wuddnt be calling me." but im trying to see it as she's generally interested in me and i "entertain" her. but to be honest i just dont really believe it. people who have busy lives dont bother with those that dont right?

Remus

Staff member
guilty as charged!

I'm having trouble chatting online at the mo, weirdly enough in real life I'm ok :?: :?: :?: :?:

figure that one out?